Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Need Medical Advice; Nothing is Working

Autism, OCD, Depression, Social Anxiety. I’ve tried SSRIs, Antipsychotics, Anxiolitics, Benzodiazapines, and Ketamine infusion therapy. I’m a rapid metabolizer. Struggling with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I’m on the verge of drug abuse. What in this world can help me?

looking for medical advice on internet is unwise, You need to see a doctor, psychiatrist, they are trained to help people. Have you tried the meditation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4gZgnCy5ew&t=38s
    it is guided one and i love this guy. It is easy, just follow his voice and do what he says to do. I am old woman and went through hell with anxiety probably got it as a small child who spend half of her life in hospitals. I am still kicking , took care of my suicidal thoughts, even after few tries, It is possible to lessen up the suffering.....BTW welcome to the forum
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

You have to go beyond the symptoms and face the core issues. Drugs only treat the symptoms. (edit - which is a good thing if it actually helps without creating new symptoms and allows the individual to focus on core issues) For sure go and see professionals to treat your 'symptoms' but at the end of the day it's mostly the individual that is responsible for addressing core issues.

Perhaps you could try sharing more information that is not focused on diagnoses and or labels. Focusing only on those leads to going in circles and feeding your symptoms.

Having Autism consists of many traits - many are in fact quite a gift. Autism is more a problem for main stream society than it is a disorder. I speak from experience.

As for compulsive disorders - What are you struggling with? Identifying the driving force usually helps to control said behaviors. Like Depression ... what is it really and how does it affect us long term? Can we undo such damage? Yes but How? Hmmmmm ... and social anxiety - YEA ... go figure ... this day and age. Once you get real with the core issues (driving force) you then get a better grip on these do called disorders. They begin to make a lot of sense and maybe ... just maybe ... you'll begin to realise that being this way in this wonderful world is in fact quite normal. Not that you really want to be normal in said world.

Basically it's understandably so that you are struggling with suicidal thoughts. Again - to treat those symptoms you seem to be struggling with you could continue with what you say does not work for you - the psychiatrist I differ on in that they just keep pumping you full of drugs ... tick and flick ... such is my experience (I accept that others may benefit - not my story) and given that thus far it's not working for you ... your only alternative is to heal yourself.

Key word being alternative. There are many to choose from but like those drugs ... can be hit and miss. The 'secret' - (if I may use such a pathetic and overused word) is to remain open and actually want to be healed.

You'll get there. One thing is for sure ... don't be asking for medical advice in a mental health forum.

You could try the subsection MEDICATION - but that's another black hole filled with all kinds revolving doors. If you really want to escape, I suggest doing more homework - learn more about the underlying nature, historical & environmental factors that lead to said disorders - minus the ASD. For sure learn about that too ... but don't see it as a DIS-order.

No quick answers here my friend. Try 'Acceptance' & 'Forgiveness' Takes a while to work on those - BUT - you get long lasting results with NO side effects!

Good Luck! → & Keep posting if it helps.
    _______

PS - forgive the spasmodity of my post - Its just who I am.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-29-2018 at 03:03 AM.

What is Ketamine Infusion Therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    What is Ketamine Infusion Therapy?
    Excellent Question!

Ketamine Infusion is the intravenous (IV) use of a party drug called 'Special K.' It's currently being used off-lable on a global scale to treat clinical depression/major depressive disorders and in some cases other various anxiety related disorders. Currently Australia has not approved the drug, however the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approve it's use as an anesthetic!

There are many websites littered across the internet making all kinds of claims yet being careful to put in their disclaimers with regard to the use of this → 'neurotherapy.' One of the marketing websites (with said disclaimer) sums it up for me:
    "...depression relief is produced not by the strange infusion sensations, but by physical changes in the brain that remain after the infusion ends." The Infusion Experience

Like all chemical solutions, one should be extremely wary of the reliance factors. This procedure is not a quick fix and actually requires coming back. Understand that many campaigners/practitioners are putting each other down as some resort to giving injections and misleading information as they exploit the hordes lining up for this off-label wonder drug. The testimonials coming in from long time chemical users seem questionable at best making me wonder just how genuine and practical intended feedback is. It's open season for Special K so I guess that's to be expected.

If you bother to check out medical scrutinizing sites (which I highly recommend you do when considering this drug) you will discover the implications not being reported by those making a buck:
    EMILY COOK (2017 JUL 28) Ketamine for depression encouraging, but questions remain around long-term us. Retrieved from → Here

'...acute side effects commonly occurring after a single treatment of ketamine, not all studies actively monitored for or reported on them. Side effects were more likely to occur when ketamine was given intravenously and were usually reported on immediately following a single dose.'

Definitely go give that article a read to find out more of what's not commonly told. There is a reason it's not approved.

If you like dosing up with anesthetics ... I guess this could be your ticked. It certainly seems to be selling like hot tickets. Anything to get through the day right?

Enter @ own risk!

Here are the three links I used:
    https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/he...-long-term-use
    https://www.actifyneuro.com/2016/12/ketamine
    http://www.ketamineadvocacynetwork.o...on-experience/

The top one is more on target for me. I note the disclaimer on one of the sites and also the marketing pop up boxes that are quick to sell on the other. None the less you have to read from like several sites and just glean from all the hype in order to make an informed decision. At the end of the day you could always just go out and chemically change your own brain over a period of time to find out what the long term side effects are really like. I think I will take a pass on this one if I ever return to chemical solutions.

Also I note that using the search string:
    Ketamine for depression encouraging, but questions remain around long-term use

You'll get several different web sites all talking about it at the top of google page. Again - whilst you might think you have found Jesus in 'Special K' do be sure to check out opposing views. Personally I'd recommend Kellogg's Corn Flakes and I despise cereal. lol

If all else fails ... have several producers and you'll be sure to never suffer again. Emotion Free Guaranteed!
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-31-2018 at 03:06 PM.