Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Castillo View Post
    honestly, im still trying to figure out if its the few sips of coffee I have in the morning or the sugary foods I eat at night, maybe its my salt intake which strains the nervous system, or, it can be the high pace sales job I do for 12 hours a day...lol, maybe its the combination. I also have a once a week drink of whiskey, not sure thats helping either.

But for sure, if I do weight training, I feel terrible depression for the next 3 or 4 days... its terrible.
    That's interesting. Why do you think weight training makes you feel depressed?
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    I drove to my dad's near the city yesterday and I thought of this post while I was in traffic. I'm generally pretty good driving but sometimes I get weirded out thinking I'm in this little metal box doing 100km/hr lol.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    That's interesting. Why do you think weight training makes you feel depressed?
    I was told to avoid stimulants like coffee. What if you avoid caffeine and then try working out?

strangers who are looking at you, especially on a public places, like train stations or restaurant.

not sure why the weights make me feel like that. I was told it could be because of the raise in cortisol it produces and the lactic acid build up it induces.

AngelBebe95:

What triggers me is the sudden rush of a thought into my mind of something that makes me anxious (personally: my failing marriage, financial concerns, etc) and I get an almost immediate cardiac reaction and feeling that everything is happening a million miles an hour.

Thats a SECRET. They might use that secret against me some day, and i would hate it!!! My enemies, both foreign and domestic, that is sir...

Quote Originally Posted by NixonRulz View Post
    Chest pains were a big one. And words like "heart" "heart attack". Things just related to my ticker
    This right here. Ever since I got tested for marfan's syndrome, it's always the heart scare.

sounds like,"Body memories." In my 20's i was like top gun flexible and sometimes if I even jump ski style i miss the slopes. Ironically I pass out if I get too cold. And the 1st time was at the ice rink. So when I even see ice skating on tv now, it makes me feel depressed over my loss of youth.

For me it's mostly, like, school and long-term projects for my AP Lang class. I've had anxiety for years, but nothing has set me off as often or intensely since I was 13 (about four years ago, for reference). Another big one is leaving the house without showering, for whatever reason. I think it's a control thing. Bright lights and loud sounds definitely make me more generally anxious though.