Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Exclamation Health Anxiety - PLEASE READ - Scared

PLEASE READ

Hello, my name is Annalise and I am suffering from Healh Anxiety and Depression since two months ago.
    I'm finding it so hard and the symptoms I have terrify me. I am 18 years old.
    It all started when I thought I'd had a prolapse and surgery terrifies me. It turned out I hadnt but all the same that was my first ever panic attack. I have had a mole/skin tag under my arm for years and I googled what it could be and before I knew it I was convinced I had melanoma. This turned into a panic attack and even after doctors reassuring me I was convinced they had got it wrong. Since then it has been downhill. I had a massive panic attack two weeks ago and it was awful. I got an electric shock feeling in my head and went dizzy, sick, as though my body was full of air and no bones and couldn't breathe. This was due to worrying again I had melanoma but in a split second due to the head shock I got I was convinced I didnt have melanoma anymore and that I had a brain tumour.
    Since then i have had the following -
    - Dizziness
    - Feeling Sick (minimal)
    - Tension Headache (as though my head is to heavy for my shoulders/tight band around the back of my head)
    - Head Jolts/Involuntary Movements/Head Zaps/Rushes/Shakiness (these scare me the most) as though someone punches my brain or like it tenses for a second in a particular place. This makes me lightheaded for a second and then a massive panic feeling in my stomach. The doctors say this isn't a brain tumour as I would have vision problems, one side of body not functioning, collapsing, vomiting..... Although I have reassurance I'm still scared that it's something more so any help of you guys on this particular symptom would be greatly received as I worry so much about this. These symptoms don't seem to be apparent if I'm out and doing something enjoyable, they are mostly apparent at night when I'm bored. I focus on my head the most as I know someone who had a brain tumour so I think I bring this symptom on myself a lot of the time through overthinking as it isn't so apparent through the day if I'm doing something. My mental health nurse also said it is nothing to worry about but it scares me so much.
    - Breathlessness
    - Bad Butterflies in my stomach
    - Always convinced I have an illness
    - Horrible feeling as though I've just tripped over the pavement (that horrible feeling in your stomach)
    - Fidgeting (I do this to try and stop the head feeling although I know this is psychological and not helping me.

So sorry for the long post, this is all new to me and so scary. I just want to be normal again. I would love some reassurance. I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. I had none of this until I thought I had melanoma, I now Google nothing. I have joined this group as I can see a lot of people have the same symptoms as me.

Reassurance. You had panic attacks and you very well know the symptoms you had. Doctors checked you out, and they're usually required to study a bit harder than the random people that write symptoms up for dr. Google. You're fine and you'll be ok.

Dr. Google is not your friend. Stay away from him as you'll usually get the worst case scenario. Read up about anxiety and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerosnake90 View Post
    Reassurance. You had panic attacks and you very well know the symptoms you had. Doctors checked you out, and they're usually required to study a bit harder than the random people that write symptoms up for dr. Google. You're fine and you'll be ok.

Dr. Google is not your friend. Stay away from him as you'll usually get the worst case scenario. Read up about anxiety and take care.
    Thank you. I know it may seem silly it's just the symptoms are so scary and horrible.

Don't be sorry for what you're going through. It's absolutely terrifying and the symptoms are very real. The good thing is you can turn things around the same way they started, by adjusting your train of thought. Anxiety is for the most part self induced and by understanding our beliefs and thought patterns we can learn to move on.

I don't have much time these days for long replies but check out the threads around here. The symptom list is great in understanding just how much anxiety can affect you. I also have a thread in my signature that's a long read but gives a great understanding of anxiety and how you beat it.

If you have questions feel free to asks don't stress about the worries. It's just a thinking pattern you can change.

Thank you so much, I'll make sure to check those out.
    Many thanks

Hi AnnaDavies, A really good thread for you to look through is called HEALTH ANXIETY EXPOSED and it can be found in the general section of this forum.
    " it is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt ", Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Hi AnnaDavies, A really good thread for you to look through is called HEALTH ANXIETY EXPOSED and it can be found in the general section of this forum.
    Thank you!!

I'm sorry you're going through this. I have the same issue. I have not moved past it, but learn to recognize your panic, and know it will pass. If u can take meds they are available. I can't because I also fear medicine. Just breathe, get fresh air, distract yourself and know the moment will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaDavies
    PLEASE READ

Hello, my name is Annalise and I am suffering from Healh Anxiety and Depression since two months ago.
    I'm finding it so hard and the symptoms I have terrify me. I am 18 years old.
    It all started when I thought I'd had a prolapse and surgery terrifies me. It turned out I hadnt but all the same that was my first ever panic attack. I have had a mole/skin tag under my arm for years and I googled what it could be and before I knew it I was convinced I had melanoma. This turned into a panic attack and even after doctors reassuring me I was convinced they had got it wrong. Since then it has been downhill. I had a massive panic attack two weeks ago and it was awful. I got an electric shock feeling in my head and went dizzy, sick, as though my body was full of air and no bones and couldn't breathe. This was due to worrying again I had melanoma but in a split second due to the head shock I got I was convinced I didnt have melanoma anymore and that I had a brain tumour.
    Since then i have had the following -
    - Dizziness
    - Feeling Sick (minimal)
    - Tension Headache (as though my head is to heavy for my shoulders/tight band around the back of my head)
    - Head Jolts/Involuntary Movements/Head Zaps/Rushes/Shakiness (these scare me the most) as though someone punches my brain or like it tenses for a second in a particular place. This makes me lightheaded for a second and then a massive panic feeling in my stomach. The doctors say this isn't a brain tumour as I would have vision problems, one side of body not functioning, collapsing, vomiting..... Although I have reassurance I'm still scared that it's something more so any help of you guys on this particular symptom would be greatly received as I worry so much about this. These symptoms don't seem to be apparent if I'm out and doing something enjoyable, they are mostly apparent at night when I'm bored. I focus on my head the most as I know someone who had a brain tumour so I think I bring this symptom on myself a lot of the time through overthinking as it isn't so apparent through the day if I'm doing something. My mental health nurse also said it is nothing to worry about but it scares me so much.
    - Breathlessness
    - Bad Butterflies in my stomach
    - Always convinced I have an illness
    - Horrible feeling as though I've just tripped over the pavement (that horrible feeling in your stomach)
    - Fidgeting (I do this to try and stop the head feeling although I know this is psychological and not helping me.

So sorry for the long post, this is all new to me and so scary. I just want to be normal again. I would love some reassurance. I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. I had none of this until I thought I had melanoma, I now Google nothing. I have joined this group as I can see a lot of people have the same symptoms as me.
    I'm dealing with the SAME thing. I've had a small scab like mole on my thigh for years and years. Tonight it pulled off. I've now convinced myself that it's a horrible cancer and that I'm not going to live to see my new baby girl grow up. We don't have insurance right now so I don't know when I can go see a dr. I'm making myself sick worrying about it. :/

This is a great forum to join! Lots of support..I hope you feel better