Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    currently under a rock as no new music news being heard here ;)
    Rhetoric? Im on Paroxitine for my anxiety and totally understand about panic attacks My last really epically bad one? I was convinced I was going to die and scared the heck out of my neighbour but he looked after me and calmed me down as was throwing up my stomach lining....blick!!!

Thing is I can usually calm myself down and talk myself out of the onset but my last two? Theyve been epically bad, hence why I hate going outside. I can totally recommend talking to a therapist though They do help!

I dunno, I hope youre ok though

Check wikipedia, it explains well.

I had no idea that this is what I have been dealing with, along with social anxiety, phobia, and depression that I know of. Im in rough shape

Man, agoraphobia is rough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by binky View Post
    Rhetoric? Im on Paroxitine for my anxiety and totally understand about panic attacks My last really epically bad one? I was convinced I was going to die and scared the heck out of my neighbour but he looked after me and calmed me down as was throwing up my stomach lining....blick!!!

Thing is I can usually calm myself down and talk myself out of the onset but my last two? Theyve been epically bad, hence why I hate going outside. I can totally recommend talking to a therapist though They do help!

I dunno, I hope youre ok though
    I am really suffering I'm seeing a counsellor which is helping but I've only started I've had different symptoms of anxiety from palpatations to constant body twitching more in my thighs I cannot sleep and when I do I'm doing it in my sleep I kicked my husband in the back last night my gp won't give me medication because I'm asthmatic they have told me about breathing techniques but I can't focus when I get an attack I'm worse flying can't breath sweating and I can't stop crying as petrified of flying I'm thinking if taking a course for that. I know probably everyone had experienced similar symptoms my husband doesn't no what to do when I have an attack and I do find it worse with lack of sleep hope someone can give me some advice I have had to resort ordering Valium from the net to cope in severe situations but I don't want to be addicted to these but I find they work slightly but there have been times they made me worse like I wasn't in control of my body like I'd left it such a weird frightening feeling

currently under a rock as no new music news being heard here ;)
    God I dont blame you, as it is horrendous to say the least when the youre in the midst. What dose of Paroxetine are you on again? Ive had my dosage put onto 40mg as well as 40mg Propane tablets for when I go out (Propopaolol but cant usually spell/say it so call them Propane!)

I had a nerves attack today/this morning as in retched into my sink and my legs went crazy shaking but had to go out as needed food and loo roll...I live by myself so have to do my shopping. Luckily all my shops are within my 1mile saftey/comfort zone. I forced myself to do it and kept burping from my stomach being nervous and wanting to puke!!

Thing is I did it. If I can? You can too eventually Its gonna take time and working out with therapists and meds So take it easy and relax, dont stress as I would recommend asking your Doc about Propranolol....had to google that!!...as they will help will shakes and helps me to be non-pukey ...though thatcould be a placebo effect!

This time my depression and anxiety has made me not want to go out. My favourite weekend is get in from work at 5pm on Friday and not leave the house until 8am on Monday. If I did not go to work, I would not go out at all. Even though I manage work I have not had a social life for over 2 years because I don't want to go out. I am able to go to groups like meditation groups and to NHS and REC courses easier with strangers, than meeting colleagues from work or friends socially. So can understand anyone who gets agrophobia - I think it is really easy to get the symptoms of this when depressed or got anxiety.

I'm normally outgoing but when I have anxiety/panic I become agoraphobic a lot. It totally changes me. I think it's a normal Reaction with anxiety issues. Maybe find an outlet of you need creative expression or social interaction... Online games, role play ( imaginative and creative ... Not sexual... Unless you are into that), painting, a blog or anything... Especially online as you have many options to interact with others. Find your niche.

Hi,

My name is Jenna Haagen and I'm currently a freshman at Arizona State University. For my English assignment, I chose to research about Agoraphobia and Panic Disorder. I have done some research, but one of the requirements is a primary source. So, I was hoping I could find someone to interview over Skype. If you are interested, please respond and we'll work out a way to get in touch. Thank you so much!

During one of my bouts of post natal depression I went through an agrophobia stage and I literally only felt safe in my bedroom. It was after I had given birth to my son in the November so I was off work. Me and my husband went to one shop on a Sunday when it was quiet and I had a list from their catalogue of what I wanted to buy and then spent the next couple of weeks leading up to christmas wrapping the presents and writing the cards, all in my bedroom. I only used to come down when my husband came home, and since he worked away Mon - Fri then me and my son spent a lot of time upstairs.
    During further bouts of post natal depression after a miscarriage I had in my mind bringing the baby home because it was late before we realised we had no baby. That time I hated being in the house because I pictured it with the new baby and there wasn't one.
    This hormone imbalance because of age since 2011 I have gone back to the agrophobic feeling. Apart from getting myself to work, my favourite weekend is being able to get home by 6 pm and not go out of the house until 8am on the Monday. I would spend every day in my house on my safe settee, but have pushed myself to go back to work as I do not want to lose this job because of illness and then when my hormones settle down and I am OK, that I really regret losing my job. A huge struggle but determined to keep working - sometimes I lie on the settee crying before I leave the house, and then cry all the way to work, but then manage to not show anything wrong and do a day's work. No energy left at the end of the day for home life though so husband dips out and has to do most of the cooking etc.
    So I think that with depression all sorts of phobias can appear and not always the same one.