Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hybrid View

Can't say I necessarily agree that shallow breathing is the most helpful method for me anyway (opinions are opinions), but this sounds like it could help!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillasaurus View Post
    Can't say I necessarily agree that shallow breathing is the most helpful method for me anyway (opinions are opinions), but this sounds like it could help!
    For one, it is not "shallow breathing", it is light and calm breathing! Don't misquote me! Also, if you understood actual scientific breathing physiology, instead of telling us your opinions, than you would know that the more you breathe the more CO2 is released which causes a whole cascade of symptoms, many which parallel anxiety. One of the main problems people with anxiety have is overbreathing and hyperventilation. Keeping the breath calm, light and relaxed is how to not offset the CO2/O2 balance and how to not trigger more panic and more adrenaline. That is not shallow breathing but simply not overbreathing. You can breathe into your abdomen and still keep it light, calm and relaxed with a nice steady flow. This technique works and you may want to understand things before chalking this off of just some guy's opinion.
    Last edited by PanicCured; 02-04-2015 at 02:13 AM.