Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paxil

Paxil

Was prescribed Paxil today for anxiety\depression. If you are on this, how has your experience been?

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly82 View Post
    Was prescribed Paxil today for anxiety\depression. If you are on this, how has your experience been?
    I've been on it for a little over a month. & it's made a huge difference! I'm currently in the middle if upping my dose from 20mg to 40mg.

I started feeling good on the 20mg so I'm excited to see how the 40mg is.

Good luck!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by BrookeLynnnn View Post
    I've been on it for a little over a month. & it's made a huge difference! I'm currently in the middle if upping my dose from 20mg to 40mg. I started feeling good on the 20mg so I'm excited to see how the 40mg is. Good luck!

Oh that's great news! My doctor is starting me on 10 mg since I will be moving cross-country in two weeks- she said once I get a new doctor at our new location I should have it up'd to 20 mg and go from there.

I also take .5mg of Kolonopin as needed.

Did you experience any side effects when you first started it?

Oh that's great news! My doctor is starting me on 10 mg since I will be moving cross-country in two weeks- she said once I get a new doctor at our new location I should have it up'd to 20 mg and go from there. I also take .5mg of Kolonopin as needed. Did you experience any side effects when you first started it?
    I started at 10mg also.

I had a little anxiety as a side effect but that only lasted I think 2 days which is when I would use my xanax. So that's good you have klonopin! another side effect, was some constipation for the first week. TMI sorry lol.. & I have been having a hard time sleeping but most people are actually more tired from it. I got a headache that lasted only 2 days. Tylenol helped with that.

Overall, the side effects weren't bad at all!!
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

I started at 10mg also. I had a little anxiety as a side effect but that only lasted I think 2 days which is when I would use my xanax. So that's good you have klonopin! another side effect, was some constipation for the first week. TMI sorry lol.. & I have been having a hard time sleeping but most people are actually more tired from it. I got a headache that lasted only 2 days. Tylenol helped with that. Overall, the side effects weren't bad at all!!

Oh good! I hope I have mild side effects or non would be better

Zoloft and Celexa didn't work for me, so I'm hoping this will my doctor said she thinks due to my history and genetics, I will probably be on an anti depressant for life.

Oh good! I hope I have mild side effects or non would be better Zoloft and Celexa didn't work for me, so I'm hoping this will my doctor said she thinks due to my history and genetics, I will probably be on an anti depressant for life.
    I hope it works for you too!! keep me updated! Are you taking it at night or morning??

& hey that's okay!! I know lots of people who are lifers on AD.

I hope it works for you too!! keep me updated! Are you taking it at night or morning?? & hey that's okay!! I know lots of people who are lifers on AD.
    I will keep you posted

My doctor didn't say. I take the Kolonopin at night when I need it. I was thinking of taking it a night also, but maybe I should split it up, one at night and the other in the morning?

I will keep you posted My doctor didn't say. I take the Kolonopin at night when I need it. I was thinking of taking it a night also, but maybe I should split it up, one at night and the other in the morning?
    Yea try that. If you makes you sleepy, then switch to night

Yea try that. If you makes you sleepy, then switch to night
    I will thanks!

So I haven't taken it yet...I'm nervous about the side effects, it's so stupid. I'm determined to start taking it today! It's such a low dose to start with anyway