Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    PC-
    Telling people they don't need doctors and that doctors don't know what they're doing is dangerous and false. That's the bottom lline. As much as people like us don't like to discuss it, there is always the chance that there actually is something physically wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    PC-
    Telling people they don't need doctors and that doctors don't know what they're doing is dangerous and false. That's the bottom lline. As much as people like us don't like to discuss it, there is always the chance that there actually is something physically wrong.
    I never said "they don't need doctors ". You are just too intellectually vacuous to grasp anything I have wasted time explaining to you. Go pollute other threads on this site with your bullshit! You dodged all of my main points and logic I explained to you in explicit detail and come back with utter nonsense. Everything I said is 100% true, not dangerous, but it is too nuanced for you to understand so move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Teafrenzy View Post
    PC..

I am not disagreeing with your message. Yes you need to "do the work" if you want to recover. I have said myself, that drugs are not a stand alone solution.

But I disagree with your inference that anyone not doing the work, just wants to live with anxiety, or is lazy.

You described your anxiety as 11/10. Do you really think that anxiety can have a mere 10 point scale? I would bet that if you asked on this site, at least 50% would describe their worst moments as 11/10.

Have you been violently sexual assaulted? Have you been through war? Did you have a near death experience? Were your parent's abusive? Did you have a long history of anxiety?

What exactly did you recover from?

You say to do the work..what exactly does it mean to "do the work". Yes i read your other posts. You advocate passive acceptance and exposure therapy. So what does that mean for exactly? Do we do 20 minutes of exposure therapy per day, every other day? As often as possible? what are the specifics?

When I first got my condition, I was so uncomfortable, easily "11/10". I'd actually say more like "12/10" (I won't go over my list of symptoms again..it's out there) I posted on a ptsd related discussion board. They all kind of laughed at me. If you read their horror stories, you can discover a new definition of problematic anxiety. People that go weeks without sleeping. They can't leave their beds. All sorts of horrors.

On top of that, keep in mind that everyone's bio-chemistry is different. Some people may not see recovery after months of putting in the work. It is easy to see why they would be discouraged.

As far as the use of supplements go, the only proof that you have that they work is that you used them yourself (at the same time you were doing CBT) as your recovered. I really don't understand how a smart guy could fail to see the logic here. You can't prove how much of your recovery was CBT and how much was aided by supplements. Your guidelines for recovery are all based on hunches being disguised as "facts".
    Have you heard of a thing called the subconscious? See, people do things from their subconscious all of the time without fully realizing what they are doing. So, many people who have built their identity as an anxious person with limitation, and to get rid of that anxiety, means a loss of self. Sub-Consciously this creates barriers in getting better because "Anxiety Person" is how they identify with themselves. Its isn't like someone wakes up one day and says "You know what, I totally want to suffer from anxiety!" People that are sick, that involves limitations to their lives, that they have built their entire lives around, MANY DO INDEED NOT WANT TO GET BETTER as that means a loss of their identity.

If you do not understand this, than too bad. I am not explaining it again.

Many supplements all over the place are proven to work so that comment is so intellectually vacuous it is laughable. Anyone can google certain herbs and supplements and read about the studies done for various ailments. Yet doctors do not cure people of anxiety with their billions of dollars of studies so the point is moot anyway! And many herbs do not act on the body in the same way as pharmaceuticals. The key is to take the correct supplements and as I keep repeating, supplements SUPPLEMENT the healing process and are not the absolute cure in themselves, but offer the part of the healing that involves physically healing the body.

I see people like you as an obstacle on this site for sufferers seeing help. Again, you are another person on this site that fights any advice I give, yet still suffers form anxiety so what's the point?
    Last edited by PanicCured; 03-09-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Exactly my point.
    You're point is for shit! Nobody says everyone must follow this strict thing exactly as written! You made this up. But it is not so variable as you think. Someone who has panic attacks 10 times a day is not so different than the next guy in how to get better. There is only so many things once can do! I keep repeating this, and you just can't grasp it"

My thread of Techniques How I Cured My Anxiety Disorder was to document what worked for me and utilizing many of the tools out there. Many of these tools many people do not know about before reading that thread. Then someone can take what I wrote, and get inspiration from it, use it as a guide to MAKE THEIR OWN HEALING PROGRAM THAT IS SPECIFIC TO THEM!

Do you understand this? Are you going to keep claiming, "everyone needs something different"?

You continue to dodge the specifics.

What are the exact conditions that gave you your anxiety disorder?

What were your symptoms, specifically.

What were the exact methods you used to recover. e.g. how much time did you spend per day doing exposure therapy.

You also said in another post that Pharma companies won't spend the money to research the healing benefits of supplements and now you say there are countless studies supporting the evidence. So which is it? Give me links to specific studies that show your supplements provide benefit beyond that of a placebo.

Quote Originally Posted by Teafrenzy View Post
    You continue to dodge the specifics.

What are the exact conditions that gave you your anxiety disorder?

What were your symptoms, specifically.

What were the exact methods you used to recover. e.g. how much time did you spend per day doing exposure therapy.

You also said in another post that Pharma companies won't spend the money to research the healing benefits of supplements and now you say there are countless studies supporting the evidence. So which is it? Give me links to specific studies that show your supplements provide benefit beyond that of a placebo.
    But all of those questions I have answered in other threads here, even ones permanently at the top of the page in the stickies, and they are not related to the Original Post. What you are doing is attacking me personally instead of discussing the original post abbot doing the work. If you only just discussed the topics at hand, there would be no arguments, but you just want to discuss me personally. If you have personal questions maybe you should PM me instead of using up the space on thread not about me personally.

THIS THREAD WAS ABOTU DOING THE WORK! Do you have ADD, Can you stay on topic?

I am not going to waste time sending you links. Find them yourself! What a joke! Use your own brain for once. Obviously there are studies with certain supplements, some in the US and some outside the US, but they do not have even close to the funding that Bayer would do for their pharmaceuticals. How hard is that to understand? See not everything is black or white. You an use Google, I am not your mom.

Supplement are a placebo blah blah blah. Not the ones I recommend!

Make a strong tea out of 4 bags of chamomile, drink it. Let me know how you feel nothing and it is all placebo.

Millions her taking a Magneisum, Vitamin D3 and many other supplements will disagree with you.

Oh and genius, what does an MD have to cure anxiety? ANSWER THAT!

Tell us what treatment an MD has to cure an anxiety disorder. Go ahead an enlighten us!

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    It is my belief, that there is a physical component to an anxiety disorder where the nervous system has crashed and becomes ultra-sensitive, and does need to be rebuilt alongside fixing the mental aspect. I have no proof or studies to prove this, this is my belief from my experience. The good news is your body is always trying to heal itself by means of homeostasis, so we just need to helps assist it in this process. That is why I am a strong believer in supplements alongside the dealing with the psychological an behavioral aspect of it all.

But by far, the worst case scenario is when it becomes an identity. It is like someone who says, "Oh no I don't fly planes." There is no hope for this person. What about the person who just does not ever go in crowds, an has accepted that is who they are? That is when their identity to the anxiety becomes a problem.
    I believe you. I'm a diabetic patient. my nerves has crashed (not complicated yet, I'm lucky) as well as my eyes. yeah, I take supplements and therapy to. Mmmhmm those people who chose that way, I respect them deeply and yet, we still wishes to help fix the whole world. All I can say for now, I hope we can fix ourselves first then go around helping others in the future because we are seriously LUCKY. I respect them, at least they admitted it. I didn't admit so thats why I'm diabetic. I believe the person who choses this way can find ways to manage it.
    Last edited by FloraRistic123; 03-09-2017 at 09:57 PM.

You're point is for shit!
    You are just too intellectually vacuous to grasp anything I have wasted time explaining to you.
    You dodged all of my main points Everything I said is 100% true, not dangerous, but it is too nuanced for you to understand so move on.
    I didn't dodge anything. I have been nothing but civil and respectful to you, yet you continue to insult me. I don't respond to insults.

I didn't dodge anything. I have been nothing but civil and respectful to you, yet you continue to insult me. I don't respond to insults.
    You did not answer my questions or discuss any of my my main points, so yes did dodge them.

"Oh really? Find one person here who had a massive anxiety disorder and were totally better because of the doctor's standard treatment, and totally off meds and maintaining an anxiety disorder free life. I'll be waiting for this mythological person to present to me."

"What is funny is you say this yet doctors pretty much treat all anxiety disorders virtually the same or just a few methods. What do we have? Klonopins, Xanax? anything else? "

So how about you answer that.

But all of those questions I have answered in other threads here, even ones permanently at the top of the page in the stickies, and they are not related to the Original Post. What you are doing is attacking me personally instead of discussing the original post abbot doing the work. If you only just discussed the topics at hand, there would be no arguments, but you just want to discuss me personally. If you have personal questions maybe you should PM me instead of using up the space on thread not about me personally.

THIS THREAD WAS ABOTU DOING THE WORK! Do you have ADD, Can you stay on topic?

I am not going to waste time sending you links. Find them yourself! What a joke! Use your own brain for once. Obviously there are studies with certain supplements, some in the US and some outside the US, but they do not have even close to the funding that Bayer would do for their pharmaceuticals. How hard is that to understand? See not everything is black or white. You an use Google, I am not your mom.

Supplement are a placebo blah blah blah. Not the ones I recommend!

Make a strong tea out of 4 bags of chamomile, drink it. Let me know how you feel nothing and it is all placebo.

Millions her taking a Magneisum, Vitamin D3 and many other supplements will disagree with you.

Oh and genius, what does an MD have to cure anxiety? ANSWER THAT!

Tell us what treatment an MD has to cure an anxiety disorder. Go ahead an enlighten us!
    You don't answer anything directly. There's no point debating anything with you.