Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It is not mental for me it is not "thoughts" that disturb me, no thoughts,scenerios,personal issues bring this on.. to put it Simply I wake up With Over-Dose of FEAR that comes from NOWHERE... of course unemployment,homelessness,personal issues will make these symptoms worse.. But this does not stem off of anyone or thing causing me fear

Rather than a "deal with it" approach, I prefer to use an "accept it" approach.
    Telling myself I can deal with it, automatically sets up the whole fight or flight response, panic is kicking in early, coz there's something I have to deal with, something i can't avoid! I prefer to tell myself I don't need to deal with it, because it's ok. No matter what happens, it's ok. It's a choice, if you freak out, you don't have to deal with or battle it, just allow it to happen.
    When I get out of bed in the morning, even in the summer, the temperature is always lower as soon as I peel back the blankets, but I don't need to deal with it or fight it, and start frantically searching for a cardigan, I'm perfectly fine with varying degrees of temperature.
    So when I go outside, if I meet a friend, if I have to sit in a bar, my insides are going to be way on the other end of the scale than what they are when I'm safe and relaxed in bed, but that's ok, it's different, if everything in the world felt the same, it would be boring. Their just feelings inside, their ok. The feeling of terror is just that, another feeling, so like all other feelings, joy, excitement, content.... it's ok.

Everytime I go out in public or even others houses I automatically start to feel light headed and faint and when i talk or walk it feels like its not even me doing it I have had so many tests done ... MRI , cat scans, EKG, blood pressure , lung scans, 2 spinal taps and everything has come back "fine" I don't know what to do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmccormick975 View Post
    Everytime I go out in public or even others houses I automatically start to feel light headed and faint and when i talk or walk it feels like its not even me doing it I have had so many tests done ... MRI , cat scans, EKG, blood pressure , lung scans, 2 spinal taps and everything has come back "fine" I don't know what to do anymore.
    That sounds like anxiety ... that is exactly how I experience it. If my anxiety worsens my eye sight gets worse and blurry, and I begin to hear a lot of noise and can't focus on anything.

That's how I feel ! My eyesight almost gets uncontrollable to the point where it's hard to actually focus my eyes on certain things, and when I'm in stores or something it's like I'm " off balance" but can still walk and stuff if I push through it

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmccormick975
    Omg this is soooo me! It's so annoying.
    I will forget about it for a moment then realise I've stopped thinking about it and then it starts again!!
    When I'm in shops or at friends houses I feel so faint that I start swaying and sometimes I need to jump or run to prove to myself that I won't pass out!! I'm so sick of the feeling!!!!

I also get numb feet and fingers, or pins and needles.... Do you??

Hi. I'm new to this. But I really wish I could stop being so nervous to go out. I use to be able to get in my car by myself and go to a store etc... Now I can't go anywhere without my "safe" person which is my mom or my sister... I get light headed, a lump in my throat, pins and needle feeling. Work has really become a issue of late. I am so frightened to be by myself I send myself straight into panic mode. I'm usually at work dealing with the public for a good 6 hours before the next person comes in. It's so bad. I want this to stop. I've also been on Xanax and Ativan on and off for the past 5 years. I want this to end. I so want to be normal

Stiffy23 that sounds like me! Jst getting worse & worse huh!!! I been in therapy alot its helped but still had major issues! I also on xanax. For me i jst went on anti depressant 2 wks ago its already helping alot! Mine is zoloft, firsy week was awful but after that seeing much improvement!

RobinG its so strange... I can't do anything by myself. I so wanna be myself again. I've never talked to a professional, I guess I'm nervous to. But I guess I just have it In the back of my head that it won't help. Do you feel better talking to a pro about your issues? I've been on different anti- depressants, but I've stopped taken them and stick mostly to the Xanax/Ativan. Any advice would be great!