Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ponder what the first panic attack will be over since the reopening of this forum?

50 bucks on a skipping heart beat with 'Mum and Dad's fault' coming in as a close second.

maybe some turds and dizziness to fill up the spots ;0 heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Does anyone else experience sweating? I went for a jog and broke out in a sweat? I don't know what to do? Pleased help me I can't stand it anymore!!!

my heartbeat goes up to 100 am I dying?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

LOL guys

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    LOL guys
    Salvator double lol heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

sometimes you just got to laugh about it. It's the best medicine.

Pollyfama, this is the problem, you are not enough time here to understand that post BTw welcome to forum
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyfama View Post
    No idea what the first anxiety-related post will be, but I bet it'll be more interesting to read than your "society is crumbling, put your tin foil hats on" posts.
    Hi Pollyfama. You name rings a bell.

Welcome To The:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

I feel your pain. Your response is nothing new and I typically respond in kind by introducing our Tinfoil Hat Society to every unconscious objector who has trouble discussing reality for the way that others see it ... allow me to change hats to make you feel more comfortable. If you had been here long enough, you would find that most of the posts in this forum (and sadly others like it) are full of disgruntled children crying over having no warm bottles, fresh nappies or wondering who stole their blankly. Many of those / US ... still in their 30' & 60's

If you really knew me are read my posts as you claim - You would know I do much more than simply come in here and write about the state of the world as I see it.

No one is saying you can't bitch and moan about mummy and daddy or post about your fluttering heart beat. DO IT! You can be sure we won't attack you or belittle you in your own space. BUT - be prepared that some of us anxiety veterans whom are sick to death of such misery, we will continue to object against needless suffering in our own way.

Society Hey - I'm no where hung up on it as I used to be when I first joined here. I only just joined a new community group in fact. That's Three I now actively participate in. WOO HOO ... I am talking about out in the real world. Again if you actually read my posts you would know that. In fact I recently just came back from our capital city as a peer representative in mental health. But yea - I did resign my position after receiving negative reactions from the higher ups to my respectfully challenging. I did not step down bitterly so; I was more like shown the door. : ) I laugh out loud at that because it really is another story and if you like D - I will write about that.

The thing is, I always get back up. So do many others in this here forum. Despite the seeming cynical ways in which some of us oldies/vets approach our own posts, we do encouragingly acknowledge the efforts of others who truly put in the effort to tackle their demons. The ones who do more than cry other broken nails and allow themselves to be continually spun through that iconic revolving door - or in eastern terms - like the snake that keeps eating it's tail.

So it is that I will continue to write it like I see it BUT also continue to be part of it. I'll even borrow a phrase from another 'dynamic' within society, I was once conflicted with as well - 'Be in the world but not of the world' Now that's a simplified version and I'll link the more meaty part of that here → John 17:14–15

I also like the summery here:
    Being “in” the world also means we can enjoy the things of the world, such as the beautiful creation God has given us, but we are not to immerse ourselves in what the world values, nor are we to chase after worldly pleasures. Pleasure is no longer our calling in life, as it once was, but rather the worship of God.

Are you still with me? I understand if I lost you due to using religion to make a point I have not yet made. lol BUT HEY ... it's at least interesting and I'll now finish my point:(see bellow for those with ADD : 0)

It matters little about my version of 'Society is Crumbling.' I'd say to you that it's more a case about how you react / how you resist to the words of others just as it is for the way I react / the way I resist when seeing what it is that I see. Slowly after all my crying for the bottle, fresh nappies and my stolen blanky I eventually realized no one was going to refill my bottle, change my nappy and find my blanky. So I started to grow where at some point I started taking responsibility for myself and worked towards those things that actually helped.

I'm now a regular active service user that's into his recovery and well respected by his peers in a world he still thinks is shit. How amazing is that? Whilst I no longer cling to my religious past for whatever that was or is, I got to say "that verse I use to good effect!" Gleaning is a useful tool where one need to be assimilated ... yet another story. Objective living.

So it is that I now repeat - WELCOME TO THE TFH SOCIETY. May you enjoy your stay.

Keep posting if it helps. Make a few of Your Own Threads. You'll find we are pretty respectful of that.

Take Care and God Bless.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-30-2018 at 02:12 PM.

heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Take care and God bless, you forgot to add Peace brother peace
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore