Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Fluoxetine 20mg

Fluoxetine 20mg

So I am on day 4 of fluoxetine 20mg. My first time ever taking anxiety Meds. So far the first 2 days I was fine, then the 3rd day I had bad anxiety and heart palps all day, didnt sleep the night before. Now today the 4th day I pretty much feel fine again. I do smoke and I've noticed everytime I smoke I get heart palpitations bad. So I'm trying to quit bc I can't take it. And it also seems my heart is more sensitive like its been pounding a lot more lately. Do you think that has to do w the medicine? And I'm on day 4 and haven't had too bad side effects.. Do you think I can still get them?

I've taken fluoxetine since 1992 with a couple years off. Once your system gets accustmed to the med, the side effects will dissapate. At 20mg I bet they all will(if you get any) in a few weeks and yes, you could get a bump in anxiety but it should pass and then drop lower over the next few more weeks. This is a well known med and I recommend trying to stay on it for at least a couple months before judging it. Should be cheap in generic also. Alankay

Quote Originally Posted by alankay View Post
    I've taken fluoxetine since 1992 with a couple years off. Once your system gets accustmed to the med, the side effects will dissapate. At 20mg I bet they all will(if you get any) in a few weeks and yes, you could get a bump in anxiety but it should pass and then drop lower over the next few more weeks. This is a well known med and I recommend trying to stay on it for at least a couple months before judging it. Should be cheap in generic also. Alankay
    Thank you! I def plan to stay on it no matter what side effects I get. I know they will go away. I just hope I don't get them too bad. I had to go to work today and was so worried about driving and being by myself. So I pretty much made myself feel weird the rest of the day now. Blah

My heart has been pounding more forcefully since starting Lexapro 6 days ago. It gets better and the nighttime anxiety has gone down a little bit each night.

I found it to be horrible