Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

New here and need help

Am 30 years old and have been battling the severe anxiety and depression for many years. The last 4 weeks I have been on disability from work and working with behavioral health on my issues. I am now on 40mg of Prozac and .25mg of Xanax 2-4 times a day. I am tired of feeling this way and don't know how much more I can take. I have 4 young kids and trying to be here for them but the anxiety is taking over me. Sometimes I want to go to the hospital and just have them fix me. I know that is not possible but I just feel like I am never going to be normal again. Please help. Thank you

Toto- I completely understand what you are feeling. I am 33 and have two children..and have dealt with anxiety, depression, and panic attacks for over 5 years. I know you feel like it is hopeless and that it will never get better. In the past I have come close to checking myself in somewhere too. All I can say is through my personal experience is that it WILL get better. It's the trial and error process of finding the right medicine that works for you. I take 20 mg of Laexapro daily and 3 mg of Lorazepam. It took awhile for it to start helping but when it did it was great. However, I am a moron and when I started feeling better I wanted to stop taking my meds. So, now I have to get back to where I was again. I think back and honestly can't remember what it used to feel like to be normal, but I understand. I am the type of person that likes to be in control, so having an illness that I can't control, drives me nuts!! I think the key is letting the past go and finding a new normal that you are comfortable with. I think trying to make things like they used to be sets us up for failure, therefore causing constant anxiety. You CAN do this!!! If you are able to, find a behavioral counselor. I'm telling you, when I started seeing her, I was near my end. I thought I was insane and was ready to check in somewhere. The combination of the pills, but mainly her helped me. We are here for you too

What have you tried besides meds?

Thank you so much for your response. I have been sleeping a lot the last 2 days. I meet with my therapist today. I am currently on disability from work and supposed to start back next week and now have the anxiety increasing going back. Is it the right time for me to return? How do I know when I am ready to go back? I struggle to get through the day and my family is starting to get frustrated with me. I just don't know what to do or feel each day.