Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

General Anxiety Disorder Muscle Pains

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I suffer from GAD. About two months ago I had to make a change in my life, to be more precise in my working area. Ever since I signed my application I started to feel pains all over my body, specially in my legs and arms, neck and shoulders. It is like pain in my calves or a bruised feeling. Went to the doctor and he said that it is due to muscle tension? It goes on and off and swithches around my body. Pain relivers do not due much. I am on Valium and Zyprexa. Has anyone ever heard about these muscle pains due to anxiety? I will appreciate any comments. Thank you

trapax-

I have the same muscle pains and the only diagnosis I have recieved is that it is due to my anxiety. I get similar pains.. pinpoint pains that move around my legs, arms, neck, and chest. It is the chest pains that really had me concerned: since they started I have been to the doctor three times and the emergency room once.. concerned about my heart or blood clots. And nothing has shown up. It is very hard to accept that these very real pains are caused by anxiety but it's true. The chemical changes that occur in our bodies when we are stressed create this pain and muscle tension. I just joined this website and already hearing from so many others who have these exact same symptoms and concerns has made me feel soo much better.. a kind of relief that not even the doctor could give me. When the pains crop up.. you just have to say F it and reassure yourself its only stress and you are definitely not alone. Get a full physical exam if you haven't already, and once you see for yourself that everything is normal you can dismiss the pains and get on with your life!