Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Am I in the clear?

ok some quick background info. I have been on effexor xr for 10 or so years. The last 2.5 years I have been at 300mg daily. A few weeks ago, I had a major panic attack out of nowhere, and ever since then, I have been feeling like I am almost withdrawing from effexor. I assume I reached a "poop out" state with the effexor. yesterday I went to my pcp, and she switched me over to 60mg cymbalta and totally off the effexor xr. That made me nervous. She claims I am going from one snri to another, so I may feel weird for a couple of days, but I wont have massive withdrawals. So here I am 24 hours later, and I dont feel any worse. I still have slight headache, knot in stomache and tired, but all tolerable. Am I in the clear from massive effexor withdrawals? This in itself is making me nervous.

Thanks!

So many views but no replies... Bummer. Anyhow it has been another 8 or so hours a grand total of 32 hours or so. I am actually still feeling decent, maybe even a little better. I guess my anxiety over the past few days is due to switching meds. I have been on effexor xr for so long and it worked very well for many years. Then it just gives out... It's like marrying the girl of your dreams and years later u come home and she left u for no reason. Makes u start 2nd guessing everything. I just didn't want to go through the dreaded effexor xr withdrawals. So far minimum. I hope the next few days keep getting better. Prob doesn't help that I have quit weed a few days ago as well. I was a nightly smoker. But I have been doing some research and well it's still up in the air as far as it effecting my brain chemistry in a negative way. Damn sorry for the rant. Just felt like getting some stuff out.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sevnofspades View Post
    So many views but no replies... Bummer.
    The problem here is that the best answer that anyone is going to be able to give you is going to be nothing more than speculation. Even your doctor can't tell you for sure what will happen. However, if things seem to be getting better rather than worse, that's a good sign.

Hey Robbed,

Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping someone else had gone through something similar. I know I am the only true solution. ANyhow, feeling much better, still have a little brain fog and a little tired, but the knot in my stomache is gone, and I am starting to feel like myself again. I hope that each day continues to get better. I was thinking of adding l-theanine to my diet. Anyone tried this in conjunction with their ad? Is it like a st johns wart, where I need to stay away from it completely?

Thanks again!

Well of course I jinxed myself. I feel horrible. I hope I can see a Pdr tomorrow.