Well, I made a thread on techist.com about this, but nobody has responded on there thus far. Which isn't all that surprising, with how dead forums are in 2023. So what about the likes of Discord?

Anyway, I don't think gaming forums are up to much anymore. Let alone most forums, really. Like I was pointing out, the ones for covering video games just aren't very active in this day of age, due to X and Facebook. Plus, as I said before, there's this creepy idiot bothering me online every week. So I think it would perhaps benefit me to take up a more 'behind the scenes' role online. This isn't because he frightens me or anything. The whole situation with this loser is just lame, to be honest. But sometimes, you know? A person has to take some responsibility to kind of filter out trolls like this man, nonetheless. I've not exactly did a good job of ignoring him over the years, and he just lies about who he is and lists my online handles anyway. So this cycle is as sad as it is boring.

But that guy's utter stupidity aside, I think it's time to accept that message boards for discussing games are more or less obsolete now, apart from the crap ones such as GameFAQs. However, I wasn't sure if I'd like Discord, or similar platforms. It's certainly not neatly presentable like forums are, and I think comments sections can get misused a lot. Although maybe it's better than nothing.

However, I think it would be hard to get offline completely. Since I don't have any support or a social life, there's nothing to bridge the gap, fill the void, or however you say it. I also suffer from terrible anxiety and avoid public transport. That means I'm indoors a lot. Even when I go outside, I'm using my mobile data to go online anyway. I don't think being online all day long is good for your mental health, but I feel like I can't depend on my sister for leisure time with how she acts. In fact, it worsens your self-esteem if you're online too much being slagged off by trolls, and a lack of help or meaningful relationships can be linked to depression. And I've noticed this generation's people have changed overall. They always have a very odd attitude in this day of age, making it hard to approach them for even the most modest of chit-chat. It's like they assume you have an ulterior motive, or something.

But yeah. There's a lot of aspects to the Internet that's not so great now. And I don't want to join dating sites to message women, where I'll probably be judged upon and blocked by toffee noses. It's the same thing as forums where people with no class just sign up to project their hate. People generally go on them not to seek love, but just to act silly, and I'm not interested in dealing with these type of fools.