Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: virgin

virgin

Anyone who fits either of these categories -

A. In their mid 30s and still a virgin but have had previous relationships?

B. In their mid 30s and still a virgin but have not had previous relationships?

If yes to either have you thought about committing suicide due to this lack of sexual contact?

Hey!

I think the fact that people worry and obsess about having sexual contact with someone is what's keeping them from actually having sex with someone. Too many thoughts and too much focus on it, that you essentially make it bigger than it is in reality. I'd advise you to stop valuing it so much. I won't lie, it's a beautiful thing sometimes. But it's not heavenly and it's definitely not worth the thoughts of committing suicide.

Elias
    Proffesor deReal - at your service!

I agree with what AliasEQ wrote - sex is not something that you HAVE TO do no matter what at a certain age and later it's too late. It's never too late. It's better to find appropriate partner and have a beautiful experience, not a one night stand or sth. Don't worry, you will find someone who shares similar experience to you, for now, it's totally not worth drastic measures.

Maybe see a counselor about how to get/keep a relationship, and then how to turn that relationship into one that includes a sexual component. Definitely not worth thinking of suicide. Find someone, a therapist, who can help you get to what you want/need.