Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think if I were seeing a psychiatrist the situation would be different. But I simply can not afford to do so.
    Last edited by salvator here; 12-04-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Thought about giving the crackpot office a call today but it seems not worth it as they were no help whatsoever. They don't care at all. Not that I am asking for "care", I just want some help....but NO

Can you believe they wanted to charge me a co-pay?!

Edited for personal reasons.
    Last edited by salvator here; 12-06-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    Thought about giving the crackpot office a call today but it seems not worth it as they were no help whatsoever. They don't care at all. Not that I am asking for "care", I just want some help....but NO

Can you believe they wanted to charge me a co-pay?!

Edited for personal reasons.
    That sucks.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    I think if I were seeing a psychiatrist the situation would be different. But I simply can not afford to do so.
    there are many other ways to seek help without paying much. online therapy.

I just looked at the news and saw this..

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-health-crisis
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hi. Try to remember that without the thought there can be no feeling. The best advice I can say to you is that you don't have to be inside the battle, you can step out and watch it, you can be an observer of your thoughts and feelings, after all they won't harm you so why not watch them as an observer? this is acceptance, it takes a bit of practice but it is certainly the way out

Quote Originally Posted by jen326 View Post
    Hi All,

New to this group.

I don't know if this question will make sense to anyone but I've been really struggling lately with my thoughts and feelings...

Does anyone else ever get to a point where you don't know whether the thoughts or feelings you are having are genuine and rational or if you are just being too sensitive and paranoid? I usually know when I'm being overly sensitive but lately my head has been in such a jumble that I'm finding it really difficult to differentiate the two and it's making daily life a nightmare. So much so that I feel like I'm on the verge of breakdown. I just don't know how to deal with it and I don't feel like I can talk to any of those close to me because they just don't understand.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

OP - Yes I understand this drama quite well.

The short answer is:
    Focus on what works rather than what does not.

The long answer takes a lot of work. In the beginning try not to focus on crisis itself. Take a step out of the ring. Find or do something you know helps you to keep your mind on your breath. Unload the brain. Time for a memory dump.

I'm off to rake the grass. Works for me.