Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All of us have made mistakes in our lives and it does no good to drown in our regrets. It is best to just move upward and onward and do the best we can in the present. My father may he rest in peace used to tell me never to look back but look forward as it does not really accomplish anything to dwell on past mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    No wonder the more advanced we become ... the more *&^%ed up we become. Lets revert to living in caves. It's not for everyone; the underlining I mean. I still say it sets people up to clinging to unnecessary pain as well as embeds rather than releases. Each to their own. Just be wary OP.
    Doesn't your psychological knowledge amount to 6 Eckhart Tolle videos that you watched on the Oprah channel? Thankfully most people don't take your posts too seriously.

P.s. You may wish to give letter writing another try, as your current methods of gaining inner peace aren't working. I've never met somebody so full of anger towards humanity and so full of prejudices towards so many different people. You peddle yourself as some quasi-enlightened individual, not realizing you carry more baggage than an octopus working at a Hilton.

Letting and moving on... You don't know the meaning of the words... For those wondering what I mean, ask Ponder his opinion on doctors, psychologists, religious folk, the tax man, his family, society, certain forum members, etc, etc... In fact, it'd probably be much faster to ask Ponder to name the one or two people/things he doesn't spend his life despising and complaining about online.
    Last edited by martin05; 04-05-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    All of us have made mistakes in our lives and it does no good to drown in our regrets. It is best to just move upward and onward and do the best we can in the present. My father may he rest in peace used to tell me never to look back but look forward as it does not really accomplish anything to dwell on past mistakes.
    thanks kirk

i am trying

Journaling has proven health and well-being benefits... writing out your emotions and feelings.

It seems to release them in a way that is more effective than just talking about them.

A good ebook on this is here: http://www.georgieoldfield.com/produ...ng-for-health/

i am looking into this.

in general,this forum delivers kind, helpful and incisive information to others battling with issues.........very supportive.

'kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see'

I like that saying rjb100

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    No wonder the more advanced we become ... the more *&^%ed up we become.
    I would say the more FEARED UP we become the more *&^%ed up we become!

The world is full it! So many people manipulating their own reality to try and portray what they think that everyone else wants to see! Faking it! Where's all the honesty and reality gone.

This is an excellent talk on this... The price of invulnerability... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6DVcIyluu4 ... we can't selectively numb emotions... when we numb fear, we numb joy...

there is another issue i forgot to include in my original post.

when i am feeling in a better more positive mood i get another form of thought intrusion that encourages me to alter this state of mind '' what bad thought from the past can be recalled to stop this feeling of well being''

It's almost like... a fear of being alright...

A not allowing things to be good.

A fear... that something bad WILL happen...

Or... I can't be this happy/good mood etc.

If you think you can find what the fear is then I can let you have a technique that I've been using for the past couple of years to dissolve fears.

Whilst working through my own issues I've learnt that there is always a fear underneath them.

Often a dormant or unacknowledged fear.

You may have been told when you were younger... "You're not afraid are you??!!"... leading to a suppressing of fear.