Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Trying to figure out what my problem is/How to solve it

Hello everyone , I have this problem/anxiety I'm trying to understand, maybe someone here could help me classify what that problem is and maybe offer an advice.
    (Excuse me in advance if my English is not perfect I'm not a native English speaker)
    I'm 28 years old, and when I was younger I used to be very introverted , wasn't any good socializing had a very low self esteem and very few friends.
    But through the years I managed to get out there and overcome all of that, to a point where I've become extremely social person and have many friends. But there is one problem that I can't seem to solve. If i get to a social gathering I'll have my energies up and when my energies are up I know exactly how to socialize and exactly what to say. But when I have to stay in only one social situation for sometimes even short periods of time, after a short while its like my brain goes numb, I become extremely quiet and I lose all my abilities to socialize, to a point where I feel like I have to get out of there.
    At first i thought that maybe it's just a problem of not knowing what to say in those specific situations,
    But then I realized that sometimes in those situation I do know what to say but I just can't seem to say it because my energy won't let me ,it's like my energies get sucked and I'm not in control any more, I feel very helpless in those moments, making an effort to talk normal but I can't. when I'm in a one on one conversation it rarely happens, it usually happens when I am with a group of few people.
    Maybe someone here experienced something similar and could offer an advice or point me in the right direction of solving my problem ?

-Thanks for reading

Hey and welcome

If you do some reading on introversion vs extraversion you'll find this is completely in line with the theories. Basically, extraverts are energised by other people and introverts are drained. I'm exactly the same and need a lot of time on my own to "recharge". I will look for a good webpage for you!

Cheers,
    Gypsy x

Here you go: https://fractalenlightenment.com/316...-personalities
    Last edited by gypsylee; 02-08-2017 at 03:14 PM.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

To me it sounds like social anxiety. Growing up I was very shy myself but like you I overgrew it and am now a very extroverted person. Even though I am extroverted I still like keeping my circle small and get uncomfortable when crowds get big. I feel like I am not important in a crowd and lose my edge.

A phenomenal supplement for this kind of thing is called phenibut. It has the social anxiety reducing effects of alcohol without the sloppiness of it. It is really strong stuff and not for everyday use but it is good in the type of situations you are mentioning. Might be worth looking into for yourself
    My Mental Health Blog - www.fixmybrokenmind.com

Thanks for the link gypsylee , But I looked into the introversion vs extraversion thing, and it doesn't seem to fit my case since I'm pretty much an extrovert.
    It's only those situations that my personality gets shut down and I stop behaving like my self.
    And I'll look into that phenibut fixmybrokenmind , thanks ; )