Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Before I take supplements for Anxiety

I have been reading a lot on this forum about nutritional supplements like amino acids, magnesium etc that many claimed have helped them. As an individual who is struggling with anxiety that is paralyzing me to enjoy my life, I am willing to give it a try. But, I also read about recommending for nutritional level to be checked. I have searched online, but who can check the nutritional level. Is it a dietician/ nutritionist or an MD? I have a concern because most dieticians that my insurance accepts are RD or CD (rgistered or certified dieticians) with only a bachelors. No one I know could advice me so I have no way to turn to except this forum. I really want to be checked up before I decide to take any supplements. Please help if you can?

I would go to a registered dietician/certified dietician or an MD. You just need some insurance that what you're taking is safe and they can tell you.

I agree with Anne.

there's a cortisol level test you can take through your saliva. You just basically see where your cortisol (stress hormone) is at through out the day. the test was offered at my naturopathic doctor, don't know if you can get to one.. it's well worth it. My doctor is also trained in Chinese medicine. Don't only fall into slump of western medicine.. important? yes, but not the only answer.

Smart move. I bought some potassium sups once, figuring I must be low as I was getting lots of leg cramps. Before I started taking them, I became sick and had bloods done through my GP. Turns out my potassium levels were actually already really high.

Your MD can test you, sure. They're your best bet. You may also be able to find private companies that will test you. I recently had a testosterone test done for £29. Just make sure you find a company that uses reputable practices if you go down that route.