Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What age were you dignosed with anxiety?

I think I was 7 or 8 but I showed signs earlier. I think I showed signs of OCD at 3-6 years old.

22, that's when the panic hit. When I think back now I can definitely see some signs though.

I was diagnosed at 18. However, like you, I could have been diagnosed in childhood.

I was diagnosed on the date of my Birth. Capitalised Lettering as per legal documentation re ownership legislation by and to the state. Condition = Human!
    Journey = Deal with it. Although the path to acceptance is a little less resistant ... yet the lack of commiseration on it leads many to sucking off the bottle for longer than otherwise necessary.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-11-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Age of my diagnosis: 37.

Age at which anxiety-related symptoms began to manifest: FOUR YEARS OLD.

What a long, strange trip indeed.

I was diagnosed with Anxiety back in October 2015 so I was only 24 but I had been suffering with OCD for quite a few years previous until my partner urged me to see someone

louise, I really hope you get to share my immense good luck in finding a mental health care team/provider you 'click' with, someone who understands not only your challenges but the best way to help face them in a fashion well-suited to your lifestyle, goals, and personality!

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
    Age of my diagnosis: 37.

Age at which anxiety-related symptoms began to manifest: FOUR YEARS OLD.

What a long, strange trip indeed.
    damn that is late!

Things like that happen in my life. I call them "character-building experiences" and whenever someone tells me what a character I am, I say it's because I've had so many character-building experiences! My (thankfully) minor tussle with the thyroid disorder Graves' Disease is a similar story...if it had been diagnosed when I was around 14 or 15, I wouldn't have lived my entire adult life with shaking hands and a ventricular arrhythmia, but it wasn't until I was 38 that my freakin' gynecologist asked if I'd been diagnosed with it! Told him I'd never heard of it, looked it up when I got home that day, turns out I exhibit those 2 (lifelong) symptoms, plus a third lifelong result--the "wide-eyed Graves' look" and had experienced another symptom in my teens, edema of the ankles with a peculiar orange-peel texture. Unlike the vast majority of people who have Graves', mine self-corrected after about 5 years on Synthroid. Another example of a character-building experience: money was tight, I had 9 days until payday, and I'd run out of Synthroid. We had a big dog at the time, my stepfather's "half golden retriever and half big black farm dog down the road", who also had to take Synthroid--at almost twice my dose, as an accident involving a pond full of chemicals had pretty much destroyed his thyroid function entirely. I wish I had a photo of my mom's face the day she caught me stealing the DOG'S medication!

In my early 40's...after an intervention from friends who saw what a basket case I was becoming. Thank God for good friends. It probably should have been diagnosed as a child as I have always avoided social interaction, hated change and always extremely nervous. Anyway you deal with the cards you are dealt and carry on.