Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Health anxiety, new to forum, would like help

hello, im new to this forum and am in need of some advice.

ive been suffering from health anxiety for 8 months now. i have been fine the past couple of months but have became very anxious again recently. i have had a headache for around a week now. it comes and goes and can affect any part of my head but is generally around the top right behind my ear. when i strain, for example cough or bend down this will hurt the top of my head. im 19 and very worried in case i have a serious brain problem. i have a blocked ear at the minute which i am treating with ear drops, howevere the headache started before i started using these. has anyone experienced anything similar? i cant stop worrying and it has gotten me really down

First of all, I've been there. Especially when I was your age. Every ache was a tumor. Every disease in a movie, I had caught it. You should go see your Dr and let them tell you what is causing the pain. In the meantime, look at the facts and challenge your thoughts. It's very unlikely to be anything serious, especially since you have health anxiety.

Side note: it sounds like a sinus headache/infection.

Quote Originally Posted by nm1717 View Post
    hello, im new to this forum and am in need of some advice.

ive been suffering from health anxiety for 8 months now. i have been fine the past couple of months but have became very anxious again recently. i have had a headache for around a week now. it comes and goes and can affect any part of my head but is generally around the top right behind my ear. when i strain, for example cough or bend down this will hurt the top of my head. im 19 and very worried in case i have a serious brain problem. i have a blocked ear at the minute which i am treating with ear drops, howevere the headache started before i started using these. has anyone experienced anything similar? i cant stop worrying and it has gotten me really down
    Lots of people here have had very similar symptoms

Look at the sticky here about symptoms, it's stupid how long it is and the things people physically get from it.

Like Firestick says, maybe a sinus infection

If nothing your taking is helping, either go to a GP and get them to check you out.

If you have recently had a good checking out, assume it is anxiety

If it is anxiety, treating the symptoms will not treat the cause. If it's not one symptom, it's another and they continually change

Anxiety is kind of a dick that way. Always changing to keep you miserable

Take control of your anxiety by learning what causes it, the symptoms and how to accept it away.
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Hello - is anyone still suffering from Health Anxiety?