Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

very sleepy and lazy.

Lately it's been so hard to get out of bed, I wake up and feel drained, like I want to continue sleeping, and sometimes I do. Yesterday and today I didn't get out of bed, and when I did get up it was just to use the bathroom. My question is; is there a supplement I could use to get my energy back without causing anxiety?
    BIG SAL

Meth? Cocaine? Just kidding. Vitamin B maybe
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I have been battling the same fatigue for a few days. I just can't seem to.get myself moving. I am pretty sure mine is strictly hormonal as tgis kind of leaden tired abd achy is somewhat cyclic. I do find I feel much better after a good brisk walk though. I can usually make myself functional again after walking a couple miles (after a 10 minute sit under the ac vent. I can't handle the heat so well these days.)

Quote Originally Posted by Saldav View Post
    Lately it's been so hard to get out of bed, I wake up and feel drained, like I want to continue sleeping, and sometimes I do. Yesterday and today I didn't get out of bed, and when I did get up it was just to use the bathroom. My question is; is there a supplement I could use to get my energy back without causing anxiety?
    Do you get some exercise? If not, that might be a good start. What about a cup of coffee in the morning? For some people, that causes or exacerbates anxiety. But for others, like me, it helps wake up. A good diet -- without too much processed foods, refined sugars, etc. -- might help too.

You should also consider burned out adrenal glands

Quote Originally Posted by JustaGal

You should also consider burned out adrenal glands
    Burned out adrenal glands?
    BIG SAL

Burned out adrenal glands?
    Yes, many people have adrenal issues, especially those who have been stressed out for a long time over taxing the body with adrenaline rushes. I know mine are fatigued, so I am working on healing the adrenal glands.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...y-doctors.aspx

I suffered with extreme adrenal fatigue last year. Not nice at all. Took me almost 10 months to recover.

B-complex vitamins were very helpful. Getting good quality rest also important. Lastly, deal with whatever is causing your stress levels to increase.

Cut out any crap in your diet. Eat clean. No processed foods, sugar, and for some ditching all grain products. That's what worked for me.

Good luck, I don't wish adrenal issues on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by needtogetwell View Post
    I suffered with extreme adrenal fatigue last year. Not nice at all. Took me almost 10 months to recover.

B-complex vitamins were very helpful. Getting good quality rest also important. Lastly, deal with whatever is causing your stress levels to increase.

Cut out any crap in your diet. Eat clean. No processed foods, sugar, and for some ditching all grain products. That's what worked for me.

Good luck, I don't wish adrenal issues on anyone.
    Glad you are better! Ya, it sucks, takes a long time to wake up and shake off the groggyness. I am back to cutting out the bad food too.

Thanks guys, I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor to check things out.
    BIG SAL