Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Never taking Prozac again

I took prozac for my anxiety starting in the 10th grade and by my senior year I had gained 30 pounds! This just added to my anxiety and depression even more. I'm never taking it again.

Prozac didn't work well for me either. I've heard weight gain can be a common side effect.

Prozac worked a treat for me and never put weight on - if anything I lost weight because I was more motivated.

Just wanted to even things out a bit in this thread
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Gypsy

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Prozac worked a treat for me and never put weight on - if anything I lost weight because I was more motivated.

Just wanted to even things out a bit in this thread
    I am on Prozac for the second time.. First time was last year and I experienced no side effects. However since starting it again the last 4 days have been hell.. Today is day 11.. First week 10 mill and on tues I started 20. That day I went to er because my anxiety was thru the roof..back to back to back panic attacks along with anxiety. Did you experience anything like this? My first week was fine, but the morning I upped my dose all hell broke loose

Quote Originally Posted by Jules1979 View Post

I am on Prozac for the second time.. First time was last year and I experienced no side effects. However since starting it again the last 4 days have been hell.. Today is day 11.. First week 10 mill and on tues I started 20. That day I went to er because my anxiety was thru the roof..back to back to back panic attacks along with anxiety. Did you experience anything like this? My first week was fine, but the morning I upped my dose all hell broke loose
    Yes absolutely. I always need sedatives (benzos) to cope with the increased anxiety.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

what was the dose of the Prozac?

Dose

Quote Originally Posted by Naor View Post
    what was the dose of the Prozac?
    The dose started at 10 mill for a week and then to 20.. However a few days ago my therapist said Prozac isn't a good choice for someone as high strung as I am so my dr changed me to Zoloft.. It's day 3, I pray I don't go thru the hell I did on prozac

Before the use with the medication were any kind of appetite problams ?
    In addition to the side affect they change from one person to other so you did not have to be concern
    and now despite you just started , do you feel any change ? perhaps you calmer or any positive feeling?( it can be even a sweet memories of good periods)

No appetite

Quote Originally Posted by Naor View Post
    Before the use with the medication were any kind of appetite problams ?
    In addition to the side affect they change from one person to other so you did not have to be concern
    and now despite you just started , do you feel any change ? perhaps you calmer or any positive feeling?( it can be even a sweet memories of good periods)
    Before I started the meds my anxiety had gotten so bad that I lost some weight, started the meds and lost some more weight! I notice my appetite is coming back so that's a plus when I was on the Prozac I didn't notice any difference in my anxiety to be honest, it almost was worse then before I started ( but I hear that's normal) I'm just hoping with the Zoloft that it evens that out a bit more.. I will give it six weeks to 2 months before talking to my dr.

you are in the right direction