Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Luvox (fluvoxamine)

Hi. I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post about medication. I have panic disorder and was taking Celexa for 6 years (20 mg) and then it stopped working. Tried upping the dose to 40 mg but it still didn't work. Psychiatrist switched me to Luvox four months ago (100 mg). It has helped a little but not completely. I still feel anxious a lot. Anyone else taking Luvox? What dosage? Success? I'm trying to figure out if I should up my dose of Luvox or try something like Zoloft (the doctor did not want to move me to that because it's more stimulating). Thoughts?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead594 View Post
    Hi. I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post about medication. I have panic disorder and was taking Celexa for 6 years (20 mg) and then it stopped working. Tried upping the dose to 40 mg but it still didn't work. Psychiatrist switched me to Luvox four months ago (100 mg). It has helped a little but not completely. I still feel anxious a lot. Anyone else taking Luvox? What dosage? Success? I'm trying to figure out if I should up my dose of Luvox or try something like Zoloft (the doctor did not want to move me to that because it's more stimulating). Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Hello

Luvox = Prozac I think. I've been on various SSRIs over a couple of decades (Prozac, Zoloft and Lexapro) and none of them cure anxiety - they'll get you out of a bad episode but they don't stop the anxiety altogether. Upping them has never done anything for me, even though that's what I've been told to do many times. There isn't that much difference between them either. You can try different ones but yeah I've never found any better than others really.

Good luck,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Deadhead, since the Luvox isn't working nearly well enough for you, then I'd recommend being assertive with your psychiatrist about the fact that the Luvox isn't working well for you.