Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    When I first had anxiety/depression I went through this phase of feeling like I'd left bits of my "soul" everywhere I went. Like I used to go to the gym and when I'd get home I'd have this weird feeling like part of my soul was still there. I can't relate to this at all now, like what the hell does that feel like? I was never psychotic either, so it was a "rational" feeling but how weird is that. I went through a whole lot of different freaky phases like that in the first couple of years of anxiety/depression.
    I know my thinking is irrational ; but I feel like my mind is disconnected to my body , like when I think of my self I feel like it's not me. I can't sleep because of it, it sounds crazy. I cried this morning , wondering what is wrong with me.
    I don't think it's shizophrenia but I fear that, I don't hear voices or see things & i can think quite clear when I type or conversate . But I am scared, do you guys think it's just my anxiety and perhaps OCD ?

I do think it's anxiety as opposed to schizophrenia. I used to be terrified of schizophrenia and thought these weird phases were the start of it, but it's twenty years later and no sign of it. It's much more likely to be a result of intense self-consciousness and philosophical thinking. You probably feel like noone has ever thought those things or felt that way? Well I bet you they have
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by iwillbecured View Post
    I know my thinking is irrational ; but I feel like my mind is disconnected to my body , like when I think of my self I feel like it's not me. I can't sleep because of it, it sounds crazy. I cried this morning , wondering what is wrong with me.
    I don't think it's shizophrenia but I fear that, I don't hear voices or see things & i can think quite clear when I type or conversate . But I am scared, do you guys think it's just my anxiety and perhaps OCD ?
    Oh my god! You are contemplating your existence! Please run to the doctor and get the Somas because you are beginning to question things! Your program must be breaking down. Agent Smith will be visiting you now.

OBEY YOU MUST OBEY! Go to work and clock in and out, come home and watch TV, drink a Bud and go to sleep. Wake up and do it again and NEVER question reality! Just do as you are told!

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post

Oh my god! You are contemplating your existence! Please run to the doctor and get the Somas because you are beginning to question things! Your program must be breaking down. Agent Smith will be visiting you now.

OBEY YOU MUST OBEY! Go to work and clock in and out, come home and watch TV, drink a Bud and go to sleep. Wake up and do it again and NEVER question reality! Just do as you are told!
    Well said PC

I was thinking something along those lines - that you have to be a bit of a zombie NOT to think about things like this. You don't want to be thinking about it your whole life but anyone with an active, curious mind does.

He is thinking he may be separate from his body, we can't allow this to go on! He needs to be reeducated and re programmed before we let him back into society. Next he may actually start thinking the government is not made up of benevolent people who just want to help out of the goodness of their hearts. What will we do then?

This.......

image-4175022056.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iwillbecured View Post

This thread is not about the OP. That will sort itself out. Things are not always as they seem -

It is more about the conversation that developed (as a side-conversation) in the above 4 posts between GL and PC.

PC is learning empathy - in that a bedside manner is truly more important than the diagnosis itself. This lesson will get tighter and tighter (in all areas of his 'real' life, and to the 'real' self outside of these boards), like a vice grip, until it is learned. Through 'broken' relationships, unfulfilling work, stress, conflicts, and a yearning (internal) dissatisfaction.

For anyone to jump on that bandwagon with him, is destructive.

Keywords for this message board (in general) are tolerance, understanding, patience, acceptance, empathy, and good will. Those qualities add up to love. And love is essential to service and giving, or being of help. Not to say service cannot be born of frustration or hate - or conflict, misunderstanding, miscommunication, barriers, etc (atleast at the beginning, they could act as a motive or impetus for action). Those aspects will however (at the onset) bear unhealthy fruit, unclear, and from fear until one learns through experience the futility of his behavior. And fine-tunes himself.

From the OP:

"I cried this morning , wondering what is wrong with me."

To this, there should be an outpour of love, ideally. Believing you are heard (PanicCured) allows you to make your point from love, and move on knowing every utterance is from your heart, and can only benefit anyone who hears it.

There is no 'real' cure in PanicCured or anyone else until these qualities are perfected in self.

When you love unconditionally - even among hate, you are indeed 'cured'.

Until then, there will always be a nagging uneasiness within self

That if you must know, is anxiety. In proportion that the self is separated from love
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 04-15-2015 at 06:47 AM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"