Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Is this really anxiety? anyone ever experience anything like this?

is anxiety really causing this?
    ok a week ago i was starting to wake up in the middle of the night with my face feeling numb and my chest also feeling numb and then like a jerk in my chest like i was haveing a heart atttack or something that would cause me to go into a panic and that was only happening once a night and i was usually able to calm down and go back to sleep and now since last saturday it would wake me up everytime i was about to fall asleep my body felt numb (not tingling just the feeling like my face and legs werent there until i got up and examined my body) and it kept me up without sleep for three days and i went to the er almost everyday and they tell me that my blood looks good and my EKG looks good then they gave me Zyprexa to help me sleep but that caused slurred speech and waking up drowsy and thirsty and a very weird feeling. the Zyprexa put me in a panic the next day and agin i was in the er and everything looked good and last night i wake up feeling like im still in my dream and causen me to go into a panic(the dream was about being in the er for a panic attack) and it took me a few hours to fully calm down and go back to sleep then i woke up again with the numb feeling and chest jerk with the feeling like i couldnt breathe so i tried to calm down and then i decided to take half of a xanex which is about .25 mg and then i woke up again but this time i got like a buzzy type feeling in my head and body and woke up feeling like i couldnt breathe and that happened about every 5 or 10 minuets for a few hours then i was able to fall asleep for a few hours before i woke up feeling numb and like i couldn't breathe. these feelings are making me scared to go to sleep because i dont want to wake up in the middle of the night feeling like that. is this really anxiety?

and also i was smoking medical marijuana up until that saturday when it got really bad and ive been kind of agoraphobic for the past few years and anxious a lot of the time about a lot of little things.and also during the day i feel lightheaded and dizzy and felling like im gonna lose my balance and fall over but i don't and when i wake up with the numbness it feels like my face is kinda split in half for a minute its really weird. and every er doc and my primary doc say its just devere anxiety but it doesnt feel like it to me. if anyone else has experienced this with anxiety it would give me a little peace of mind and probably stop the er visits. Help!!!

forgot to add i have trouble with fast movements and sometimes i feel like things are moving really fast also i get similar feelings after exerting myself even just minimally such as running up the stairs or carrying the groceries in and ive been very easily aggitated and have had trouble concentrating when people talk to me and kind of forgetful of things also some pressure in my forehead above my right eye closer to the middle and a feeling of being pulled in one direction i dont know if these matter
    I apologize for the lack of punctuation.
    Last edited by ryang324; 08-30-2014 at 08:31 PM.

You are describing anxiety symptoms my friend. The sensations kept me awake too. It's been a while since I had them until today, I woke up and kinda drifted in sleep for another hour. Is feel those tingly sensations in my head right before falling asleep. It was so mild I was able to ignore it completely and just go right back to sleep.

So yes, you are having a plethora of anxiety symptoms affect you. Understanding that is a good way to move on from the feelings, as well as understanding that the more you focus on them the more you get them. Clear your mind and partake in some activities you enjoy so you can forget about your symptoms for a while. Now do such activities on a daily basis. The less you're worried about symptoms the better you'll get. Take care.