Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lightbulb Constant state of anxiety

I have been in a constant state of anxiety, I have always had social anxiety and general anxiety. however the past 6 months after I had a septoplasty surgery where my heart rate went above 100 because of the medication.. but i developed a fear for my heart, I had numerous ecgs, had an echodiagram, a few blood tests and an 24 hour holter monitor... everything came back clean but I am in a constant state of anxiety, I fear for my health, my life I cant stop turning everything said into a negative thought, i always feel like i have vertigo and I have tremors and headaches all the time... Does anyone else feel like this ?

Short answer: Yup.

Long answer: Yes, I feel the same way. I have a slight nausea, slight headache and other physical symptoms, but most of all I am extremely preoccupied with myself and how others see me. It's like I'm trapped inside my own head, it's killing me!

Now you two. It's not killing you, that's the important part here. Your anxiety is a way of thinking. It's not going to do anything more than freak you out and make you feel pretty crappy. The good news is it's fixable, and educating yourself in how is the best way. It comes off in layers. You'll feel great, then you'll feel crappy. The good news is if you're proactive and you don't let the negative feeling take control again (like it is now) then you'll come out a better person.

I'm going to be making a new thread here shortly entailing a plan to help out anxiety. I expect to see the two of you in there!

Anxiety is such a strange thing...those of us who have it all experience the same general feelings but we worry about different things. When I saw "constant state of anxiety", I decided, "that's me!" but my problem is I get anxious about the future. The only thing that helps is the medication I take but it doesn't take it away completely. It just helps me get by day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerosnake90 View Post
    Now you two. It's not killing you, that's the important part here. Your anxiety is a way of thinking. It's not going to do anything more than freak you out and make you feel pretty crappy. The good news is it's fixable, and educating yourself in how is the best way. It comes off in layers. You'll feel great, then you'll feel crappy. The good news is if you're proactive and you don't let the negative feeling take control again (like it is now) then you'll come out a better person.

I'm going to be making a new thread here shortly entailing a plan to help out anxiety. I expect to see the two of you in there!
    Haha, I didn't mean literally killing me! Though during the panic attacks, it feels like I'm dying. But not generally.

Quote Originally Posted by annakatarinas View Post
    Haha, I didn't mean literally killing me! Though during the panic attacks, it feels like I'm dying. But not generally.
    Anxiety can't kill you

But someone told me if you eat the worm in the bottom of a tequila bottle, you can

This little tie bit is completely irrelevant to this thread
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe