Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

New, Bad Panic Disorder

Hello everyone, nice too meet you. My name is Alicia and I am 19. I have had anxiety and panic disorder since I was 15. I have gone through a rollercoaster of anxiety and emotions, like everyone here. My panic attacks have gone from happening many times a day to nearly existing to back to horrible. The medication I was recently was put on made everything worse, it is Busprione. Anyways, I know everything will be alright it's just like part if my brain won't relax. I mainly have panic attacks when I am alone, especially when I drive alone so I do not drive or work anymore. I feel stuck, I feel like I can't do anything anymore. I always try to keep positive saying it could always be worse.

Welcome Redhead Alicia

Have you ever had any therapy or anything like that? Is buspirone the first medication you have tried or have you previously tried SSRI's etc?

Yeah ask about zoloft. I'd see how that helps and go from there and you should be seeing a pdoc not a GP for this. Alankay

I have already been on Zoloft and Effexor

Thank you both I just feel like its getting worse everyday. I feel like its never going to go away.

I know the feeling Gingernamedalicia. I feel like I am never going to be able to have a "normal" life and am always going to be plagued by this. I have been trying essential oils and different types of pranyama (breathing exercises) but that doesnt always help when you are already in the middle of an attack.

I know how you are feeling it is terrible feeling when you feel like you cannot be by yourself in public without feeling a panic attack come on they are scary and crippling. I have experienced several panic attacks. Try exercise and breathing exercises. I never was on a pill for my constant worrying for years I felt the pill(s) I had been taking was making me feel more over the edge.Have you looked into therapy?

Breathing exercises never work for me and I guess I'll have to get therapy. I'm sorry anyone has to go through this, wish we could all wake up tomorrow and it would be gone.