Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    sunrise church.jpg

Thankyou guys for your kind comments it was good fun getting down there before daybreak, bloody cold though as I said to DaveI never took a hat or gloves. I just rushed down there 6.30am to beat the sun. I took quite a few shots! I have to think what to shoot next weekend

In the middle of the sun is the church tower in the next village, strange effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullingford View Post
    sunrise church.jpg

Thankyou guys for your kind comments it was good fun getting down there before daybreak, bloody cold though as I said to DaveI never took a hat or gloves. I just rushed down there 6.30am to beat the sun. I took quite a few shots! I have to think what to shoot next weekend

In the middle of the sun is the church tower in the next village, strange effect.
    That's a great view...lucky you!
    "Never, Never Never give up" - Winston Churchill

Feel free to visit my site, it has tons of free, helpful information which everyone can benefit from - http://sanguinely.com

"The moment you think you are beaten, you are, the moment you decide you will not be beaten, you are on the path to victory"

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

In Photography changing ones position is key - I feel there is much in the art of photography that we can use to live better lives. :}

Change Your Position by L_Plate_Dave, on Flickr

Hi Dorrie. YW. I can't promise I will always be able to maintain such a tone, however I do attribute my change in heart to much of the soul searching I have attempted in this - Raw Thread, as too without a doubt the good will of others such as yourself. I do hope this finds you sleeping a little better than the last time we had a chat. Dahila has been sending good energy as well, and today I continued on with Photoshop to learn some more so that I can continue to be creative, as that too seems to be helping me express as well. I'm just toying around for now.

My affinity for photography is just that! - it's been a personal relationship in its entirety and whilst words can not really capture the synergy between my most inner being and that which brews on top - I know too well, just how such creative hobbies invite the very best from within us. The more I learn about the process the more natural I feel when not in a rush. I get the feeling you would make a good photographer yourself.

Take care ...
    PS ... was really happy you pleased in.
    Thanks Dave! You'll get a laugh out of this, I think! Lol. I just got back from us taking my little boy to see the new LEGO MOVIE!!! Lol. I'm serious! You have to love you're child A LOT, to sit through a Lego movie!!! Lol. It was kind of cute, but what was the greatest is always how happy he is to get out and go watch one! The kid rents movies galore from our U-Verse account on TV. But it's not the same. Sleeping a bit better. I have my first appointment with a Neurologist Tues. after next, in Atlanta. The ball will get rolling pretty fast, I think, on all the nerve pain, that shoots pain through my back, hip, and knees, and that's what wakes me up so much, plus when he looks at the MRI's! I won't lie Dave, I am scared!! Lol. But have needed to go for a very long time, and now it's to the point I have to!! Maybe he can fix me. Ya think? Lol. Oh, I need another Dr. For that job! Lol. No hope there!! Lol. I'll always be crazy, and I'm happy that way, for the most part. Lol. Definitely makes life interesting for us crazy folks!! HA HA. Behave yourself. As If?? Lol. How about, take care, and chat with ya later on down the path, Friend. It's really awesome to call you my friend now! And, yes, I agree with you 100%, about Dee Dee (Dahila)! Very Positive and helpful indeed!! Time for a cat nap!! Dorrie

Hi Dorrie, don't tell anyone but more often than not, I ussually get a tear at some stage watching kids movies. I often keep my eye out in that genre despite the kids all being much older now. Gladt o hear your got some better sleep in and hope your doc is able to give at least some encouraging news one way of that other. I'm not sure if you told me your condition ? Sorry if so and I forgot. That kind of pain sounds a lot like my wifes - do you also have MS or something simarlar? It's good that your getting it adressed all the same. I have heard about people not going for help because they don't want to know, and of courese as a result, they end up going past that point, in which they could of been at least helped a little - with some uneccaseraly contracting something they otherwise could of avoided. (Sadly it can be more financial for some rather than denial.) Let me know how you go please.

Nice Photo yet again Cully ... interesting with the tower. I am attracted to the tree line on the right. I just love branches as they be when devoid of leaves - amazing how they can come back to life.

Allow me to share one I took at 6AM this morning my time on the other side of the planet :} The sun was up but rather obscured by a lot of cloud. Heaps of moisture blowing on in from the sea - it rained later and was a much welcome relife - I don't mind it being hot and moist ... Good for my breathing. The full moon was setting in the west and calling out for me to give it a shot -

Now I'll probably ruin this photo by being upfront as what happens when I go for job interviews. The amount of cloud and rate at which all was moving about, made timing a little bit of a miss getting things to gell - Alas ... it was time for me to use my Photoshop skills and begin to dream. LOL - Unlike yourself - I ended up cheating. It is still the same moon, facing the same way (from this POV) - I just dropped it from another shot when not covered with clouds, then tediously painted it in behind the tree at about a 1 - 5 pixel rate with losts of feathering and rar rar rar ... also messed with all the exposure and bla bla to mix it in right ---- why not add a visitor to the tree, also one I shot in a similarly tree, time but from a different dimension ... lol ....

The trick is to make it look as if it's totally real ... (had I not said anything) ... Although I am finding such editing an enjoyable art - I still like very much to avoid going overboard with the HDR stuff I have mention before - like over kills with Dynamic colors as if a high gloss animation cartoon. (everything has it's place) - I might get into that with sci-fi art yet ... will have to see, actually - next I am gong to work on Fire and Energy Balls ... hehehe ...........

This one is Desktop Size Dahila - but perhaps now that I have explained I lowed the moon and threw in a friend - perhaps it has lost it's appeal? ------------ CULL PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING

Desktop Download here -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/7198879...16494/sizes/o/
    Just click on photo for quick view:

MoonSet 6AM by L_Plate_Dave, on Flickr

The picture is like a painting with excellent composition and placement. I am in love with it, it is already on my desktop and looks very good. Color is so gentle and heartwarming. Should I talk like that about the picture? This pic is alive.
    You got that moment when the night did not leave yet and the day did not arrive, like between the breaths.....
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Today's Tutorial was about creating a 3D POP OUT Photo affect. I do apologize if the image is a little distasteful, however my attempts to move on with my life does not include ignoring the suffering of others. So it is that I chose to highlight the following subject as an irony of sorts, based on inappropriate behavior.

Tutorial @:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfdrReMIOEM

It's all in the approach ----------------------------------------------- Stigma In Motion

The article behind this photo is about how disruptive homeless people are and tends toward supporting the harsh treatment used in moving these people along. Perhaps there was some merit in that article, however I did not stick around to read it, as the images shown had a perspective that was not drawn upon in that text.

I present the trigger that escalated the to events that followed to this police officer both tasering and further beating the man into submission. That was after waking him up - I refer to the above picture.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-17-2014 at 03:59 AM.

--

Righto, a bit of light humor before I go to bed:
    If you want to get serious - try the following link:
    http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topic...regivers.shtml

Night Night ...

What clever stuff Dave I like the tree, all twisted and contorted, If you filpped the picture upside down then turned it into a negative it could like a mega bolt of lightening. such a different tree to your camping photograph trees which I noticed were all like skinny poles shooting for the light, what are the name of these trees and the bird they are all alien to me. Anyway loving all your pictures, the forum and making new friends is giving me new lease of life and the drive to do more. My thoughts are spending much more time on positive stuff, started CBT today so pushing fowards thanks all.

Now that's an Idea Cully ... about the tree and lightening TY - Have not yet tackled the energy balls, but your idea there kind of makes me ponder on that project some. Thanks for the tip!!!! I'm also now thinking arteries/veins as well ... keep feeding back to me like that as it really helps me man.

When it comes to being creative - I must encompass all forms of emotion - from all perspectives. If I was only to shine the light 100% of the time, then the light itself would disappear. Yet another aspect of photography that relates to life.

For Me -> I guess it's all about finding the right balance, but more so with regard to whatever direction I find myself in. By not accepting "all" the elements of my surroundings, then any hope I derive is rather shallow - Given the extent of my own denial towards the harsh reality I myself have enured and still cling too at times - I have a lot of roaring, I am yet to express.

Currently my endeavors within Photoshop are turning out to be quite effective in doing just that. In this regard I believe it's healthy to let things out as they are, however I do promote doing so in a non destructive way. My thread does carry a Trigger warning and perhaps I could further explain how it was that I came up with such an emotional subject and final save with regard to that PNG I just did.

But not this time ... It is what it is. Dave's RAW/ROUR Emotional thread.

.... Here's hoping you have a good day Cully, and I'm pleased your finding this forum beneficial - Me too.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-17-2014 at 04:10 PM.

To let go of emotions is a half of victory.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore