Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

xanax and melatonin

hey! this is a little silly but i'd like to start fixing my sleeping schedule in order to start tackling my anxiety and depression, and being awake during the day to get some sunlight really helps

annnyway i've always been pretty paranoid about medication, especially one that helps you sleep

i've taken melatonin before and i don't need much to fall asleep (about 15 mg) but lately with my anxiety spiking i've been too afraid to take it especially since i was prescribed xanax. i know it's a natural chemical in your brain, but that doesn't really help my nerves

say i took a xanax (just a little thing, 2.5 mg) around 9:00 this morning and i haven't taken one all day (its now 1:50 AM) and i take 15 mg of melatonin around 3:00-4:00 am or later, will i be alright? nothing will happen?

Consult your pharmacist yada yada yaaa they know best

But I was told by my doctor it's safe

Melatonin is safe with clonazepam, it does leave me with a headache in the morning after a few days, then I quit it a few days. Headache is no biggie though.
    Peace
    "The One you are looking for, is the One looking."
    ---Gene Allen----

.25 mg of alprazolam and melatonin is fine as far as safety. No driving until you know you feel alert enough. Alankay

thanks guys! ill contact my pharmacist and ill try to have someone up with me while i wait for my melatonin to take effect to keep me calm!