Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
    I think GERD NOW play a huge role in my anxiety because I be having so much sharp chest pains and everything that it just raises my anxiety levels! It caused me to stop eating which cause my blood sugar to go down which cause me to have palpitations and more chest pains! .....Do anybody else experience GERD and ANXIETY if so what is everybody else experience with it?
    Last edited by cdfrank; 01-04-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Yeah it's a big issue. I had a lot of symptoms that I think were GERD, but I didn't know about the forum at the time, and just suffered them. A lot of headachey, dizzy, heart palpy stuff can be caused by it, ya know? I remember getting those symptoms a lot, and throat symptoms.

Do you have a doctor you can get meds from to help it?

What symptoms was you having exactly? And I was on Prilosec but I stopped taking it because it wasn't helping me at all and I just been not taking any medicine but I have an appointment with a gastroenologist soon!

I have that alot gerd gives me palpitations and makes me feel like i cant breath which triggers my anxiety and i panic -.- it sucks the palps can be so scary

Um, it was a couple of years ago now lol... Lemme think.

Swallowing issues
    Heart issues, like palpitations and stuff, heart pounding and skipped beats.
    My stomach felt really weird
    Bad headaches
    Dizziness
    Um... Nausea
    Acidy stuff like stomach rumbling and throat gurgling

That sort of stuff

Lol I'm thinking once you have GERD you don't get rid of it! But you don't have the symptoms anymore? What medicine do you take?

I didn't know that GERD can cause palpitations! I didn't know that at all!

I didn't even take meds, I was so dumb, I didn't even know what it was lol. It just ended up going after a while. I drunk lots of water, and sometimes took over the counter stuff, luckily it helped.

Yeah! Used to give me heart palps really bad. Same as Cara. Then I'd get freaked out, and more anxious too... Ugh, what a cycle

That's crazy I didn't think my heart palps could be because if GERD learn something new everyday on this forum! But yea my GERD is HORRIBLE! I don't take meds or over the counter things I don't like too

Yeah for sure! You could really help your anxiety just by getting it under control.

Talk to Enduronman, he's helped a lot of people with it.