Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Mornings

Mornings

Why does it seem like the mornings are the worst? I can have a decent night but then wake up beyond anxious and my stomach is in knots. Then when my husband leaves for work I feel even worse, then I wind up running late for work. Will mornings always be like this?

Yes. Self loathing, anxiety but it fades as you get moving. Give a long shower a chance. Alankay

I wish this would stop I want to be me again!

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousga View Post
    I wish this would stop I want to be me again!
    I to wake up in panic most days.. The Dr always gave me Ativan or Xanax to take before bed but never really helped me... I get in the shower quickly when i wake up like that or jump up and start cleaning which helps sometimes.. I haven't been to Dr in over a year and have been trying to use exercise and vitamins to help with my anxiety/panic.. It helps a bit but i never noticed much a difference on meds either.. I have also gone through laser acupuncture which was expensive and helped a bit.. Its worth a try for everyone..
    Just know you're not alone with your symptoms

Thank you! It does help to know I am not alone. I just wish none of us had to go through this. What vitamins do you take?

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousga View Post
    Thank you! It does help to know I am not alone. I just wish none of us had to go through this. What vitamins do you take?
    I take "Stress plex" B complex with vitamin B and Zinc.. Then 200 mg of magnesium and 200 mg of grape seed capsules everyday.. Theres also "Mental calmness" L-Theanine 200mg chewables that kinda work but i hate chewable anything lol so i have put those in the cupboard..
    All of these were recommended by a registered nurse who was also the person doing my laser acupuncture therapy.. She also recommended Chlorella and Vitamin D drops...

Thanks for the tips! I will talk to my dr about that next week.

I'm also very anxious in the mornings, it's a horrible way to start the day, huh? .___.
    For me, it's slightly different, because it's being on buses and trains that make me anxious rather than just waking up anxious, but I can still relate.

It's normal for anxiety to be worse at a specific time of day, I'm pretty sure. And a lot of people become very anxious at night, so I'm sure waking up with that feeling is also common.
    It's hard to judge whether you will always feel more anxious in the mornings than any other time, but it is almost certain that with therapy, lifestyle changes, medication, or anything that the person you are seeing/the resources you are using suggest you to use, it will become more tolerable. And maybe it will disappear for good - for now, though, just practice/take/apply what you know is supposed to help you, and focus on the wanting to get better.

Also, doing something that relaxes you each morning - like some yoga, a quick meditation, some stretches, a bath... anything - may help you. Leave a little more time for it each morning so time doesn't become an even more stressful factor ^_^