Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: blurred vision

blurred vision

oes anyone get this? my right eye has been going blurry for a few secs on n of all day it's the same side as the discomfort I've had on my face for a few days.. I've only had the vision thing today tho!

Quote Originally Posted by emtw12
    Edited: Does anyone get this? my right eye has been going blurry for a few secs on n of all day
    A little secret about vision. Each side of the brain receives information from each of your eyes. In other words, half of the right eye is connected to your right brain half, the other half of your right eye is connected to your left brain half. Same with the left eye.

Some people get migraines that occur in the visual cortex of the brain. When this occurs, the visual symptoms (temporary blind spots and flashing colors, referred to as a scintillating scotoma, are common) are in each eye, but appear on the left field of each eye or the right field of each eye.

Take note if your entire visual field in the right eye appears blurry, and make sure your entire left visual field is clear. If you're experimenting with this with one eye closed, you may come across the natural blind spot we have in each eye, it occurs where the optic nerve connects to the retina. Don't be alarmed by that. (It's left of center in the left eye and right of center in the right eye, but usually not visible when both eyes are open since one off offsets the deficit in the other).

If it's just the right eye affected, it's most likely something occurring in just your right eye (rather than a migraine for instance). I get transient blurring, one eye or the other, that I attributed to pressure on the cornea while I sleep (say from the pillow), but it lasts all day.

Experiment with it, make sure it's just the one eye, and if it keeps up or concerns you, consider seeing your eye doctor. Feel free to say more about it if you want. Be well.
    Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”