Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
    Got my hair dyed Monday which is an every 3 week routine for me, this time I changed the color but it was the same kind of color, was applied my scalp felt scalding and was extremely painful. It went away once she washed off the dye. Next morning I woke up to sores in my head which were painful, I tried not to touch. Then this morning I woke up and the lymph nodes in my neck are very tender And swollen, I'm really scared and freaked out!!!! Why does all the weird stuff happen? Should I panic???
    Last edited by Blessed; 12-04-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Hello Blessed,

You should never panic if you can help it. Panic does not help anyone. However, you should get in to see a doctor, perhaps at an urgent care clinic if your primary doctor cannot see you today. It sounds like either an allergic reaction, a toxic reaction, or a chemical burn. Go to the hair place where your hair was done, get a list of the ingredients of that hair dye. In fact, if you live in the USA, then, by law, the hair place is required to have a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for this product on location. Get a copy of it and take it with you to the doctor. If they don't have this, then you will need to get the product information either by getting a container of the stuff or an empty box with the ingredients listed on it. Once you know the brand name of the product, you can look up the MSDS online or call the manufacturer to have it emailed to you.

You can get through this. Just take it one step at a time. But try to get it done today.
    Recovered Anxiety and Depression Sufferer
    Enjoying Life Again!
    Author of "SANE - Reclaim Your Life"
    Follow me on:
    sane-book.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    Got my hair dyed Monday which is an every 3 week routine for me, this time I changed the color but it was the same kind of color, was applied my scalp felt scalding and was extremely painful. It went away once she washed off the dye. Next morning I woke up to sores in my head which were painful, I tried not to touch. Then this morning I woke up and the lymph nodes in my neck are very tender And swollen, I'm really scared and freaked out!!!! Why does all the weird stuff happen? Should I panic???
    No but I would go get checked and get something for the sores. The swollen lymph node is probably because of the sores on your head

I went to doctor who examined me and said my lymph nodes were really swollen. They are doing blood tests I should know results by Monday. She put me on antibiotics in meantime as precaution . I have got myself so worked up and now that I'm feeling some calmer I have had heart palps one right after the other all day long. I really need some reassurance and someone to talk to today thank you!

I went to doctor who examined me and said my lymph nodes were really swollen. They are doing blood tests I should know results by Monday. She put me on antibiotics in meantime as precaution . I have got myself so worked up and now that I'm feeling some calmer I have had heart palps one right after the other all day long. I really need some reassurance and someone to talk to today thank you!
    please anyone????

The palpitations are likely due to the stress and the adrenalin. Did your doctor examine your scalp? Did your doctor ask you about the hair dye that was used?
    Enjoying Life Again!
    Follow me on:
    sane-book.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Grant Irons View Post
    The palpitations are likely due to the stress and the adrenalin. Did your doctor examine your scalp? Did your doctor ask you about the hair dye that was used?
    she didn't examine scalp she doesn't think it's related

she didn't examine scalp she doesn't think it's related
    What?! You went in to see the doctor about a scalp and lymph node problem, and she didn't examine your scalp?! Did you tell her about the burning feeling in your scalp when your hair was dyed and the fact that the sores on your head and the swollen lymph nodes appeared after this happened? I hear a duck quacking, and I think it is a duck and not a zebra! Geeze! Was this an urgent care doctor, or your regular primary care doctor?
    Enjoying Life Again!
    Follow me on:
    sane-book.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Grant Irons View Post
    What?! You went in to see the doctor about a scalp and lymph node problem, and she didn't examine your scalp?! Did you tell her about the burning feeling in your scalp when your hair was dyed and the fact that the sores on your head and the swollen lymph nodes appeared after this happened? I hear a duck quacking, and I think it is a duck and not a zebra! Geeze! Was this an urgent care doctor, or your regular primary care doctor?
    regular doc, she thinks it's mono or something viral, but she put me on antibiotics until my blood work comes back, I'm on the verge of freaking out , I mean could this be serious or dangerous???