Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ***********NOT A DOCTOR**************

For me, Lexapro kinda came in through the back door. Research suggests giving SSRI's at least 1 month to build in the system, but 1-2 months is ideal. It took 20mg for me to notice changes, but everyone is different. You're doing it pretty slow which is good, but you'll have to give it some time. At the time you reach your prescribed dose, you really should give it 1-2 months to notice changes. So, if you're increasing drops slowly, you can't really start counting the time you've been on the medication until you reach the prescribed dose. I say this only with the intent of fully giving the medication a chance and not stopping too soon.

Thanks. My dose is supposed to be 10 mg. I realize I've been on that dose for only 2 days, but I'm ready to see changes! I know my doc will have me stay at this dose for a while now before upping it.

Quote Originally Posted by atcmom View Post
    Thanks. My dose is supposed to be 10 mg. I realize I've been on that dose for only 2 days, but I'm ready to see changes! I know my doc will have me stay at this dose for a while now before upping it.
    Yeah, he'll probably want you to stabilize for a while to see how things work. If you really want to get the most out of this, try and remember or log all the anxieties, depressive thoughts, emotions, etc. that you dealt with before the medication and reassess them after a period. Some expect a 'night and day' effect which doesn't always occur. Hopefully, as time goes on, you'll notice certain things you no longer deal with that you once did. For me, it was stopping the medication that allowed me to fully realize what I wrestled with, the whole "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone" kinda thing. Good luck and keep us posted!

So I went to the counselor today. I'm not allowed to think about whether the meds are working or not. I have to put that completely out of my mind until Sunday, then I can evaluate. Kind of like a person weighing themselves once per week. So, that's the plan. I did go into the library today and even stood in line at the counter to get a book!

I'm thinking mine took about 2-3 weeks to see an improvement then I moved up to 15mg to really see a change. It does sound like a good idea to busy yourself as it will work just takes time. I kept a medicine journal in the beginning it might help you to do that.

I'm now at 10 mg for almost two weeks. I went to the store today and bought pet food and went to CVS yesterday and bought three bags worth! Big steps for me! Although I do find myself exhausted after these outings.

Anxiety takes a lot of energy so it's normal to be tired after an outting. You did great!! It does get easier and someday you won't give it a second thought!

Quote Originally Posted by becki View Post
    Anxiety takes a lot of energy so it's normal to be tired after an outting. You did great!! It does get easier and someday you won't give it a second thought!
    I did a post in agoraphobia saying 'proud of myself' check that out if you get a chance!