Although most parents suffer a degree of anxiety surrounding there children, and makinf sure they are safe. My Anxiety is taking over.

I am 25, I have two daughters 1.5yrs & 2.9years. I lost 8 babies (before finally having my two children) due to miscarriage.

I have always suffered anxiety in a form of worrying, fear things will go bad and random panic attacks.

Now that I am a parent everything is affected me. If I read on the news about incidents and children, I avoid things at all costs to ensure this doesnt happen to my children - which is good, but it doesnt stop the fear. I dont just mean being concious of dangers such as roads, ponds etc. I mean in a situation like crossing the road, it will go through my mind a car losing control and plowing into us and the ending is always my children dying and me not. It absolutely terrifies me, and I cannot get rid of those thoughts.

I recently read of a child who died on a beach her family were visiting from a cruise ship, reading of failings of medical staff and children dying, deaths at nurserys etc....they are very very rare events, but I worry sick. I am always thinking the worst.

I have been on medication before, but it made my moods unpredictable and didnt really help, now im a mother I do not want to put them at such a risk. My fears are very much hidden deep within me, and my children do not suffer from it.

I do make concious decisions to take more risks, like letting them run ahead on walks in the forrest, and climbing in the park - but I feel im very much in control, in that im close by. I am trying to take these steps, and recently my daughter started nursery, after visiting the nursery 7 times unanounced to view how the children were looked after - and I feel secure now that she is in good hands. But I still think the worst could happen one day and I have no luck so I probably will.

Id really appreciate some tips on all of this, thanks so much for reading this far