Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: New

Hybrid View

New

Hi my name is Dan. Im 27 and have been suffering from GAD for about 1.5 years. Im on medication. 2 types of beta blocker (atenenol & perindopril) and also an anti-depressant (citalopram). I have been coping quite well with my anxiety but of late i have been waking up during the night and early mornings feeling very fatigued and generally unwell. This has made me become anxious. I get the dreaded feeling of doom and my head goes all tight etc. I get the feeling of de-realisation which was the worst thing for me since starting to suffer from GAD. I have a few stresses in my life at the moment e.g moving house. I have tried counselling but i didn't know if it helped. I feel like I'm going to be constantly like this for the rest of my life and the worst thing for me when i get this anxiety is the feeling of losing control. Can anyone relate to this? Thanks for taking time to read this. Dan

Dan! Welcome to the forum! We're all here to help! I would feel like that all the time and still feel derealization at times and I know how awful that feels...what has helped me to get a little more control of my anxiety is to live a more stress-free life...maybe you moving houses is really stressing you out so try to take it a little easy and you'll get through it....

Also check out some videos I did regarding anxiety

Www.youtube.com/user/jeremyfresno
    watch my personal anxiety videos!!!

please leave comments and subscribe

www.youtube.com/user/jeremyfresno

welcome and we are here to hear each other out and that Derealization btw,makes my anxiety Sky rocket!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support guys!

Dan, first you might consider asking your doc about upping the celexa if you're just on 20mg or so. Also ask about a trial of lyrica(used off label for GAD) or a long acting benzo like valium, clorazepate or klonopin just for tough days. PM me any time. Alankay

Thanks alankay

What type of anxiety do you suffer from?

Hi, Dan, that's how i feel just started Perindopril...did it pass thanks?. Was it also high bp or Anxiety you had it prescribed for, I'm on 2mg
    Last edited by jatzcrackers; 05-16-2017 at 07:39 PM.