Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I dont know if this is a form of agoraphobia or not, but I need some help/advice

So a couple days this week are the first times in about 2 weeks that I will be home alone for awhile. I am terrified! Does anyone have any advice on how to cope? I bought a couple of puzzles that I can do to keep myself busy, but I fear that my anxiety will be high enough that I will not want to do them or be unable to concentrate properly. I'm just terrified that something will happen and I'll be alone and no one will be able to help me. I know this is probably an irrational fear, but I'm still scared. From looking up about this, apparently it's called mono-phobia. Any ideas to keep myself busy for 3-4 hours? Or could anyone chat for a bit then?

I will see you tomorrow, and hopefully you will feel better! Know what helps me? I crochet, or knit, or make chainmaille jewelry while watching tv. I don't know if you can do those things, but they really help. I do puzzles too But sometimes puzzles leave me too much thinking time. What about learning to knit or crochet? There is so much information on youtube so you can learn!

you could even use youtube as a distraction tool. you'd be amazed at how many hours can fly by just from one search! i get sucked into to all kinds of things. i can go from funny pranks to ending up watching talking dogs and stupid cats. try not to worry so much missy xx

Youtube is the best! I was watching some little girl playing the guitar one night, and then all of a sudden I'm watching how to pick a lock!