Growing up I was a star runner at my high school. I had a few anxiety attacks but nothing ever too major. I have had Asthma since I was born so I always assumed they were asthma attacks. I went on to run in college and things were fine for awhile until the stress just really started to build. I was a full time athlete, student, and worker. I believe I just put too much pressure on my self and that is when things really started to get bad. I began to sleep less and less because I would feel so restless and uncomfortable. And then the attacks happened more frequently and more intense. I get tunnel vision, shortness of breath, my stomach hurts, sweaty palms and numbness in my toes and fingers. When this happens it makes it very difficult for me to calm down because I get racy thoughts of thinking I am going to have an asthma attack. And so I guess what really brings me to this board is because on February 21st, 2012 I was admitted to the ER. I had experienced a stress induced panic attack caused by anxiety and lack of sleep. My weight had dropped 21 pounds, I was severely dehydrated and had electrolyte imbalance. I had been sleeping maybe 3-5 hours a night and therefore was immensly stressed. The doctor diagnosed me with GAD and MDD. He referred me to another doctor which I will be seeing next week. In the mean time he prescribed me 300mg neurontin to be taken three times daily. He also prescribed me Remeron, and Ambien. My sleeping has certainly improved however I am still having anxiety attacks. They will just happen out of nowhere. For example, my last one took place at 2 in the morning. I woke up abruptly from sleep with tunnell vision, shortness of breath, immense tension, sweating but I felt cold, stomach pain, sweaty palms, numbing in my fingers and toes, and a very dull lonely feeling. When I go see my doctor next week, is there anything he can give me to use only right when I start having one? Something that would maybe kick in fast and calm me down. I can't handle this anymore. This is literally terring down everything I was. I went from a collegiate athelete to rock bottom in a matter of a few months. I fear the worst if this doesnt get under control.