Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Going a concert next week, and worrying about the anxiety

Hi.
    So i'm going a concert at the end of next week with a friend. But because i'll be at a concert where it's hot, loud, and wheres there's potentially drunk people where anything can go wrong i fear for my anxiety. How do I prepare myself? Or stop it happening? I assume it will happen and i'll get scared of like, fainting or something weird like that but i love the artist i'm seeing so i just want to enjoy it. Any ideas?
    My friends completely oblivious to this anxiety thing i have, she doesn't really understand it atall. I just want to try enjoy myself and not get panicky.
    Thanks.
    BoxRoom. x

Are you on any meds for this? Do you have any benzos to keep with you in case? Alankay

No, not on any. I haven't been the docs about it. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it isn't, it's situations like concerts i try to avoid because i don't know how i'll be.
    BoxRoom

I have this issue as well, the only thing that helped me ( and I'm not recommending this) was to have a beer when I got there, not get drunk but just one to take the edge off. Now I'm on pristiq and find that I don't have the issue anymore, I went to an event a couple weeks ago and had no problems at all
    Every lasting scar shows us what it's taken to be who we are.

Chili, I'm glad the med helped. Alankay

Thank you alankay I'm glad I took your advice and talked to my doc, the snri has really turned me around.
    Every lasting scar shows us what it's taken to be who we are.

Still worrying. It's in 2 days. I'm also looking forward to it, but i've had a bad cold so hope im feeling ok and don't use that as an excuse to get worrying.

i think if you just focus on having fun you will be fine. I went to an NBA game Monday that my daughter was performing at. I felt the same way before I went. I was nervous before but once I got there I had a great time, I even forgot about my anxiety. You should see a doctor and this issue. They have so many options to help you now. I hope this helps.

It went great, i was a bit nervous but more excited. I told myself that whatever happens, happens and i'll find a way to cope with it. That's good Sadinsa, well done