Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: blood pressure

blood pressure

are blood pressure cuffs designed to up your heart rate or is that just my anxiety that is doing that? i dont know why but i just cannot get calm and my resting heart rate is always doubling when i take my blood pressure! i think i must be getting false readings , usually 140s/70s because my pulse is about double when i am calm, am i right in thinking this? thanks

if taking your BP increases your heart rate then it will increase your BP.

140s/70s would NOT BE HYPERTENSION by most standards. My guess is your syatolic has been pushed up because of the heart rate increase.

Take your BP no more than 3 times/day at the same time each day for 7-9 days, record data and take to your MD,

its no use i only have to put the cuff round my arm and i can feel my heart racing! im just not going to bother with it, wish i could just take the thing back to the shop!

It's most likely anxiety. My BP has been high because of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1125 View Post
    It's most likely anxiety. My BP has been high because of mine.

yeah like i am pretty sure it is only going up because like my heart rate is going up due to my fear / anxiety of the blood pressure machine?? i dont know why i get so worked up about it , its almost like im scared of it being high. but i kind of reassure myself that my heart rate is like doubling from rest rate so it must be puttin my bp up aswell and when i am back to rsting surely my bp will come down aswell.