Hello,

Fairly new poster to this forum, I'm a 29/m w/ a history of anxiety and I'm trying to find a permanent solution to deal with it. I feel like I have developed a certain type of agoraphobia, mainly with a rapid beating heart. This is really hindering my life as I can't work out/go to the gym or even go for a hike because having a fast heart beat/breathing fast makes me feel out of control and extremely uncomfortable. I've developed a cough too, which I blame on the anxiety but it just makes me feel so weak. I had this fear of fast heart beat when I first had anxiety, around 19, but I was able to overcome it with a low dose of paxil. I'm back on paxil now, which helps a little. I also wonder if this has to do with my dad having a stroke around the time when I first started having panic attacks. I've become very health conscious since then but maybe I should get some counseling for this? I do worry a lot about having a stroke/heart attack.

I know I should just dive right into it, working out(shock therapy?) but what are some goals I could set for myself or things I could do? Any help appreciated and I will be looking at any past posts for help. Thanks!