Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    You're more likely to get a panic attack if you're worried that you're going to suffer a panic attack soon.

How do u just ride out a panic attack or anxiety? I've heard of that a lot and I try not to but I can't its really hard not to fight it. Is there something u think of or something else u do so u won't fight it?

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    You're more likely to get a panic attack if you're worried that you're going to suffer a panic attack soon.
    Yeah it's a terrible cycle.,

Quote Originally Posted by Jme View Post
    How do u just ride out a panic attack or anxiety? I've heard of that a lot and I try not to but I can't its really hard not to fight it. Is there something u think of or something else u do so u won't fight it?
    It is incredibly difficult but not impossible. My method is to let go of all tension and just slow down the breathing and even reduce the amount of air coming in slightly, by relaxing, and just allow it to happen. I would either sit or lay down. I don't mean fall to the floor, but just like you kind of were so tired you fell asleep while sitting watching a movie kind of thing. Once you fully embrace a panic attack is harmless, then this become easier. What keeps the panic attack going is trying to flee to a safe place, and breathing more because you think you need more oxygen. All panic attacks end, right? but you want it over as soon as you can, and not feeding into it is how you do it. Soon, it just wont happen so much, and eventually it just wont happen ever. Once it's lost its power.

Like now, when I think of a panic attack, I know how badly it sucked, I still remember, but since I no longer fear it or even think it has any affect on my life, health or anything, I feel almost immune to it. Not 100%, but pretty damn immuned to it. It's just so obvious to me now, that it's just me stimulating the fight or flight response, and as adrenaline pours through my body, I will experience horrific symptoms. Symptoms that subside as adrenaline fades. Big whooop! It's really just a bunch of bullshit!

This is so true and so effective. Just last night I actually did this.

Spread the word! It's that simple! If you keep doing this, you will care less and less about panic attacks and they will happen less and less. For long term healing, I suggest taking some herbs and some supplements too. Exercise and lifestyle changes, but you are well on your way!

Wow paniccured that's so nice to hear that u no longer live in fear. I wish I can say the same. My attacks mostly happen at night idk why and I try doing tension relaxation but nothing. My anxiety is in my mind I need to get my mind into thinking I'm ok and not to b afraid. But since having bad thoughts became a habit. How do u break a bad habbit? It ganna take a lot of work. But I hope to one day be cured like u.

Jme, I believe you will be cured like me. Bad habits are broken by overriding them with new habits. Create new neural pathways. That is what Charles Linden says in his program and I agree.

For example: If you are scared of crowds or panic in them. Then you need to force yourself to be in crowds. Maybe start with a small crowd for a few minutes, then work your way up. But your WILL says, "I will be in big crowds eventually and I will do whatever it takes to get there."

The absolute key to getting better is your desire to get better. Your unstoppable WILL to get cured! Not to find the best crutch, or learn to deal or cope, or the right medication. Your WILL that will not stop until it is anxiety free. When you have a strong will like that and you totally know you can overcome anxiety, then all the other steps will just come at the right time and you will find what you ned to find at the right time, just like me.

The power is in your hands. Fake it til you make it!
    Last edited by PanicCured; 04-05-2012 at 02:38 AM.

My day time anxiety is gone if I get a panic attack or anxiety ik I can do it and I haven't had one in a while my problem is at night. That's when my anxiety hits everyday weather I was ok during the day it just always hits me. And ik its cuz I'm anxious when night time comes cuz ik I'm not going to sleep due to my insomnia but I'm causing my insomnia (ik I sound crazy) but I got insomnia due to anxiety and meds. And know my anxiety is ok but the insomnia is still there. How do I overcome my nigh time anxiety?

Drink 2 nice strong cups of chamomile tea with some raw organic honey. Take passionflower extract and skullcap extract and 400 mg magnesium taurate or magnesium glycinate with the tea.

Maybe part of this is the old childhood fear of the dark thing.