Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    My body is always tense and my shoulders are shrugged up even when I'm not having a panic attack. How do I de stress my body? I'm eating healthy and meditating but it's been weeks with no improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1992 View Post
    My body is always tense and my shoulders are shrugged up even when I'm not having a panic attack. How do I de stress my body? I'm eating healthy and meditating but it's been weeks with no improvements?
    Don't be scared of panic attacks, take deep breath and let it go.. This thread is awesome, follow the steps.
    You will feel better.
    Anti-anxiety: Xanax ( alprazolam )
    Anti-depressants: Zoloft pills
    Pillsforall.com

This makes so much sence.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    I used to have extreme anxiety and panic. I do not get panic attacks anymore. I have written extensively about how I overcame this problem, but this is a quick guide of what to do when anxiety creeps up or the panic has already occurred. This may not work for everyone, but I truly believe it will work for most people.

If you are having a panic attack or you feel one coming on follow this quick guide:

1) DO NOTHING! Take a seat and stop doing everything. Droop like all your muscles just went limp. Do not attempt to do anything, except maybe drink water.

2) DO NOT OVER-BREATHE! Forget deep abdominal breathing. Breathe very slight. Let the air go into your belly if you need to, but keep it light. Keep your breath as you would breathe normally at rest doing nothing if you were not paying attention to it. Keep your breathing like you are at rest, as if your body was breathing relaxed and easy normally if you were not noticing it. Don't hyperventilate! Keep your breath at a nice calm natural state if you were calm and resting and not focusing on your breath. You do not want to breathe out too much CO2. Keep it light and easy.

3) Allow the anxiety or panic to do it's thing. Do not be scared of the anxiety. You are feeling fear. Do not be scared of fear which will add fear to the fear. Just sit back and relax and watch it like a movie. Don't add any fear, just let the current fear pass quickly.

4) Say to yourself, "This is my body's fight or flight response. Adrenaline is flowing through my body, causing horrible panic feelings. It will subside within minutes, and when it does, I will begin to feel better. I just need to allow it to metabolize, and not add anymore adrenaline and other chemicals to the mix."

5) If you are having a panic attack, do not seek a safe person or safe place. The seeking will make you feel worse. All you have to do is sit and do nothing and allow the chemicals to pass through you and metabolize. It can go away in a matter of minutes if you just sit and relax, and watch it flow by you. The symptoms are caused by passing chemicals but they will only pass if you let them. Ride it out. Let it pass. It only takes a few minutes.
    You are not going crazy! Let the thoughts pass too.

After the anxiety or panic is over, either voice record or write down how horrible you felt, and how you made it through another one, and now you feel better, and next time you will make it through again. Read or listen to it when you need to.

Just imagine if you followed these steps every time. Eventually it would have less and less power and less and less effect on you. Soon, you would see the whole panic thing as a joke. Yeah, you may get anxious sometimes, we are all only human, but it just won't go into full blown panic mode because you aren't going to run around in circles searching for the exit door. You'll sit and let it pass then back to you life.

Good luck and laugh! It's a joke. It's a bluff. Don't take it all so seriously. Learn to control your body rather than have it control you. Anxiety talks a big game but it never delivers. A panic attack isn't coming close to death. You didn't survive some huge tragedy. It wasn't a near death experience. It was just bullshit all the way through, experiencing symptoms caused by chemicals released and an over active nervous system. Don't feel ashamed or feel guilty. It means nothing! Give it the middle finger and laugh your head off!

Now get back to your life and forget it ever happened...
    Best advice I have heard. Thank you.

I found a Natural remedy for Anxiety that really works. CBD oil is a Natural remedy for Anxiety.
    A month age we found a mint breath spray that has CBD oil in it.
    The great thing about CBD is has many medical benefits and no side affects.Natural_pen 1024 x 768).jpg

I am coping with anxiety with the Natural pen. It has been a God Send.
    I got tired of the "happy pills" and knew there had to be a all natural remedy for anxiety.
    Try it Natural_pen 1024 x 768).jpg

I got tired of the "happy pills" and knew there had to be a all natural remedy for anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by James Waide View Post
    Woah my gorgeous thread got spammed!

Woah my gorgeous thread got spammed!
    Sucks there are no admin.. It's like the Wild West of anxiety here!
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Yeah, what happened to the moderators?

I used to have extreme anxiety and panic. I do not get panic attacks anymore. I have written extensively about how I overcame this problem, but this is a quick guide of what to do when anxiety creeps up or the panic has already occurred. This may not work for everyone, but I truly believe it will work for most people.

If you are having a panic attack or you feel one coming on follow this quick guide:

1) DO NOTHING! Take a seat and stop doing everything. Droop like all your muscles just went limp. Do not attempt to do anything, except maybe drink water.

2) DO NOT OVER-BREATHE! Forget deep abdominal breathing. Breathe very slight. Let the air go into your belly if you need to, but keep it light. Keep your breath as you would breathe normally at rest doing nothing if you were not paying attention to it. Keep your breathing like you are at rest, as if your body was breathing relaxed and easy normally if you were not noticing it. Don't hyperventilate! Keep your breath at a nice calm natural state if you were calm and resting and not focusing on your breath. You do not want to breathe out too much CO2. Keep it light and easy.

3) Allow the anxiety or panic to do it's thing. Do not be scared of the anxiety. You are feeling fear. Do not be scared of fear which will add fear to the fear. Just sit back and relax and watch it like a movie. Don't add any fear, just let the current fear pass quickly.

4) Say to yourself, "This is my body's fight or flight response. Adrenaline is flowing through my body, causing horrible panic feelings. It will subside within minutes, and when it does, I will begin to feel better. I just need to allow it to metabolize, and not add anymore adrenaline and other chemicals to the mix."

5) If you are having a panic attack, do not seek a safe person or safe place. The seeking will make you feel worse. All you have to do is sit and do nothing and allow the chemicals to pass through you and metabolize. It can go away in a matter of minutes if you just sit and relax, and watch it flow by you. The symptoms are caused by passing chemicals but they will only pass if you let them. Ride it out. Let it pass. It only takes a few minutes.
    You are not going crazy! Let the thoughts pass too.

After the anxiety or panic is over, either voice record or write down how horrible you felt, and how you made it through another one, and now you feel better, and next time you will make it through again. Read or listen to it when you need to.

Just imagine if you followed these steps every time. Eventually it would have less and less power and less and less effect on you. Soon, you would see the whole panic thing as a joke. Yeah, you may get anxious sometimes, we are all only human, but it just won't go into full blown panic mode because you aren't going to run around in circles searching for the exit door. You'll sit and let it pass then back to you life.

Good luck and laugh! It's a joke. It's a bluff. Don't take it all so seriously. Learn to control your body rather than have it control you. Anxiety talks a big game but it never delivers. A panic attack isn't coming close to death. You didn't survive some huge tragedy. It wasn't a near death experience. It was just bullshit all the way through, experiencing symptoms caused by chemicals released and an over active nervous system. Don't feel ashamed or feel guilty. It means nothing! Give it the middle finger and laugh your head off!

Now get back to your life and forget it ever happened...
    Great advice and appreciate the share!