Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillasaurus View Post
    Can't say I necessarily agree that shallow breathing is the most helpful method for me anyway (opinions are opinions), but this sounds like it could help!
    For one, it is not "shallow breathing", it is light and calm breathing! Don't misquote me! Also, if you understood actual scientific breathing physiology, instead of telling us your opinions, than you would know that the more you breathe the more CO2 is released which causes a whole cascade of symptoms, many which parallel anxiety. One of the main problems people with anxiety have is overbreathing and hyperventilation. Keeping the breath calm, light and relaxed is how to not offset the CO2/O2 balance and how to not trigger more panic and more adrenaline. That is not shallow breathing but simply not overbreathing. You can breathe into your abdomen and still keep it light, calm and relaxed with a nice steady flow. This technique works and you may want to understand things before chalking this off of just some guy's opinion.
    Last edited by PanicCured; 02-04-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Thank you for providing to me such rude and insensitive remarks. This is a forum designed to help people with all kinds of anxiety issues, some of which may be suicidal and/or severely depressed, not a debate-based political board. You really need to cool it.
    Last edited by Godzillasaurus; 02-03-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillasaurus View Post
    Thank you for providing to me such rude and insensitive remarks. This is a forum designed to help people with all kinds of anxiety issues, some of which may be suicidal and/or severely depressed, not a debate-based political board. You really need to cool it.

So after all I posted to you that is all you got?

why can we all just get along...lol

This is a great guide i have saved it to my computer. Thanks OP.

Yeah, I just save it to read another time when my attention span is a bit better. I didn't get chance to read all the comments, but I think there should be some way(s) to fight the panic naturally, because, I do in fact hyperventilate when I'm in extreme panic.
    "I have no limits, no filter, no class, no poise. No decorum. Just fun"

I actually printed this initial post off and will go over it. Thank you for the tips.

I have tried these methods over and over again and to be honest, I find they are crap, at least they are for ME. When I am having a panic attack, I am FREAKING OUT at which point I find I have absolutely positively NO control over my body, thoughts, feelings, or reactions. I'm not trying to knock this post, and I hope it does help others. I'm not a negative person, I'm a realist and just expressing my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by winnwinn View Post
    I have tried these methods over and over again and to be honest, I find they are crap, at least they are for ME. When I am having a panic attack, I am FREAKING OUT at which point I find I have absolutely positively NO control over my body, thoughts, feelings, or reactions. I'm not trying to knock this post, and I hope it does help others. I'm not a negative person, I'm a realist and just expressing my opinion.
    Ok, let me help you. I used to have an extreme anxiety disorder in which it is now 100% gone, and many, many people have used my methods with great results so they are certainly not crap! If you allow me I can help you use these techniques and you will see how effective they are.

First off, you have to understand you have only 3 options when having a panic attack,
    1) freak out as usual
    2) take a drug to calm you down
    3) force yourself to overcome by using a good method.

This post is for those who want option 3.

We all know this is not easy but you only have 3 choices here. We know what option 1 and 2 lead to.

It is very normal for people with anxiety disorder to want to fight any help, as having anxiety is a very personal experience, but please, give it a try.

The moment you feel it coming on sit and follow my instructions. Yes, you will want to freak out and pace around the room, call an ambulance, call a friend, go nuts, etc., but this is where the true healing comes in. You simply do not do what you always do. Is it easy? No. But life is not easy. The healing is when you focus on calm slow relaxed breathing, allowing it to pass. You may not be able to do this first try but keep trying until you do.

Nobody can help you cure your anxiety, you have to do it yourself. The great thing about it is, 100% of people with anxiety can cure themselves if they put in the time, the work and understand the process. You do have control over your body if you try. Just keep trying and report back here how it went.

You can do this!

Right now, this is what I feel: I love you all so very much. I wish you all the very best of the very best. <3