Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Broken

Broken

Hello, I'm Bullock. I am miserable and so physically, psychologically, and emotionally exhausted that I can't see straight.

For 10+ years now, I seem to be a long sufferer of anxiety/panic attacks.....? I know that's what I'm told, but no matter how much reassurance I'm given("don't worry, it's only anxiety....your heart is fine"), I cannot do anything to stop this constant barage of tangible, physical 'symptoms' that have decimated my psyche and beaten me into submission so badly that I have all but forgotten the once strong minded, physically gifted individual that used to be me. What's left of me is tired, broken and desperate to feel normal again.

I'm here to see if that's even a possibility. The only thing I have left is the one thing I'm not sure I even believe in.... Hope.

So, what do I do? What Can I do?

Anyhow, I'm Bullock.... I'm a 43yo Man(or what's left of one) and I need help.

Thank You-

Bull, what has been tried so far?
    Yeah telling a person with panic disorder(I have it) just just "stop worrying" about is is like telling a diabetic they really don't need insulin as they(the other person) "feels fine without it". It's stupid and most folks don't get it.
    So what have you tired? Lets start there. Alankay.

Dear Bullock,

My husband was a sufferer for five years - he went through hell. The physical symptoms were not the main thing for him, though he did have them, but anxiety manifests itself so differently in different people. Anyway, he tried so many things - psychiatrists, CBT, doctors, medications, counselling - none of which really helped in any significant way. Two years ago we found the Freedom from Fear recovery program, which you can easily find on the internet. David Johnson, who runs the program, was a sufferer himself and made a complete recovery. He claims (and I believe rightly) that by practising his method you will completely recover - which includes no relapse. My husband found this true, and I know from the forum there that he's a long way from being the only one. I hope that you will, too. Watch the introductory video, and see if you relate to it. I'm confident you will.