Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Not to sure what is next

hi everyone, I am new here. I am so tired of this constant battle with myself. I have pushed myself time and time again and yet I always find myself hiding. I am agoraphobic, I have pushed all my friends away, except my boyfriend, i have destroyed everything because I am scared. It is getting to the point where I am completley home bound, I very rarely leave my house and if I do, it takes all of my energy from me and I am left with Fatigue, this is just really hard, I am looking for somepeople that are where I am and are getting better or people who were once where I was and have overcome this. I just feel like it is who I will be forever, like this is the new me, and I just dont want this to be true. Please any suggestions would be great.

Are you getting any help for this? Therapy, self-help?

One thing I've noticed about anxiety is that we keep projecting it into our future, always seeing it as long-range and permanently debilitating. But instead of adopting this unhelpful perspective, we're better off dividing our lives into separate 24-hour chunks. This day is my focus, not 20 years from now. Someone once wrote, "Everyone can carry a pack until bedtime."

This probably sounds like a platitude, but the great thing about life is that there are an infinite number of possible "new me" versions that you can become. The "new me" that you are now -- the anxious one -- isn't set in stone. Why should it be?

I'm right there with you sweetie! I feel your pain. If you ever need to talk, I'd be more than happy to listen.

My Chair, My Living Room, My Flat, My Street, Louth, Lincolnshire, England, UK, Planet Earth.
    shsnj is right take it one day at a time and seek help. There are plenty of people here happy to provide help support and/or info.

Duncan
    In a mad world only the mad are sane

Akira Kurosawa

same

I have the same problems but I recently started Zoloft. If it works I'll let you now. If you need to chat I am also homebound as I leave the house once a week to buy food with my husband. I push my friends away (even family) as they also cause me anxiety.