Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Horrible Nausea

Horrible Nausea

Hi everyone names matt this morning for absolutely no reason at all i started fretting and having racing and disturbing thoughts and then this massive wave of nausea hit me like a tonne of bricks and had to lay down on my bed and curl up because it i just couldnt bare to move a muscle my heart then started running a marathon and my hands became cold and sweaty. Is nausea a typical thing with anxiety.

it is for me, i get that quite often when i have a panic attack, and i always get the worst nausea ever and sometimes end up sleeping with a sick bowl beside me :-(
    My Daily Diaries of coping with GAD and PD: helpmetogetridofanxiety.wordpress.com

Yep. The whole digestive tract can be effected and cause symptoms.......big time. Very common. It's really connected to your nervous system so is effected by anxiety(excitement, increase in nervous activity, stress). Ever see in the movies the boss under huge stress is always grabbing for bicarbonate of soda, Pepto Bismol, etc. See links below.
    http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks...i_nervous.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enteric_nervous_system
    Alankay.

Thanks for your reply's guys also does anxiety cause swollen glands cause my right gland in my neck i puffed up and is annoying me.

Thanks kev for you reply i'm definately not ruling out the flu as it is well within the realm of possiblity. Plus what makes it worse is that i have had chronic nausea for about a year now but this all didnt start till i contracted mononucleiosis. Is it possible mono might have caused all this mayhem i have been experiencing? And on top of all that i have developed a fear of nausea (i know that may sound weird) as it is not the typical phobias you always hear of like agoraphobia or arachnophobia but everytime i get nauseas i reminds me of the intense nausea i had with the mononucleiosis.

Thanks kev i feel better once you told me to not let it upset me i always feel better when people to tell me it'll be fine so thanks for that. these episodes last usually around 6-8 days and i have about 2 episodes a month is that a typical anxiety type cycle or are there different time periods for different people.