Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Fight agoraphobia!!!

Hey,

this is to everyone suffering from Agoraphobia! i've had it for ages now and it took me to such a low point i was chronically depressed and homebound for such a long time i almost lost my job cause i couldn't leave my room and i lost my friends and my family thought i was going crazy. and i really didn't want to live anymore. it got to a point where i was like f*ck this im going out i dont care if i die! so i went out and i had a massive panic attack but i kept walking despite the pain and despite feeling like i was about to drop dead. i kept walking and eventually the anxiety went away and it felt amazing. since then i've been going out once a day just walking a little further each time. in the beginning i'd still have panic attacks along the way but i really didnt want to live like this anymore so i fought it. just letting you all know that you have to face it or it wont get better. you have to understand that nothing will happen to you when you go out. think of all the things you used to do before this! it will motivate you to make those steps. baby steps i can now go to work again and not stuck in my dark miserable room all day.
    good luck!

Heya!

Yeah totally agree! its really hard sometimes to control your brain sometimes it feels like your brain is working on its own and you cant stop it from thinking completely irrational thoughts sometimes (like omg im gona die if i go out)
    you gotta just face your fear and show your brain that its freaking out for absolutely no reason. it wont happen in a day. it takes time and its gona be hard but when you've finally conquered it you'll feel like your old self again

This is terrific!!! So glad to see something positive here. Can you both give me any specific tips in case I missed anything? Or should I just do as you both have said and go out and say
    "Fuck you anxiety, just kill me off here!!!"

You should verbally say it, right? Cause in my mind, I picture myself shouting it out loud in my car.

I became agoraphobic about a year ago. I was able to overcome my feasr but what I noticed when I am the most stressed it comes back. I just do not understand how there will be months that I will overcome it and be able to go to work and go out with friends and than it comes be backs and ruins my life. I am currently seeking help again and I hope that someday this thing goes away forever. It sucks, I am now depressed because of this.