Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: urm help

urm help

ok so this is the first ever time i've posted on a website like this, ive been going thorugh these feelings by my self for other a year im a 17 year old male and all i want is just some advice! im too too scared to go to the doctors and i dont know how to tell my parents! i believe im suffering from anxiety but i need someone to help me to understand! I have stuck thoughts in my head ( like i keep repeating my name in my head) i have stuck images in my head when i try sleep and i have this weird feeling like i dont know just really strange like my heart races when im in a place full off people? i dont know what to do with my self! by the way when i drink i forgot all my problems and i feel normal! some days i feel great and some days i feel really depressed! i dont know what to do anymore i wish someone could just exsplain to me that i wasnt the only one feeling like this so i could get on with my life! by the way this all happend when i use to smoke weed ( i used to smoke alot of it!) and one day i started worrying about the effect it could have on me, and then that night i got in the shower and i got what i think was a panic attack and after that ive never felt the same
    Last edited by jason787; 12-02-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Anyone? :/

i replied but i dont know where it went LOL !
    I was saying that you are definitely not the only one feeling like this, and the symptoms, especially heart racing in crowds etc seems like anxiety. i would really take the plunge and go to your doctor though, and dont be embarrassed or anything, they see millions of people with anxiety problems (if it makes you feel any better, i cant even wait in the waiting room, they have to come and get me from the car when it is my turn !).
    I have had hundreds of panic attacks in the shower (it is one of my main problems and i am just egtting good with it now) I can say, i wish i had visited a doctor sooner, only because they reffered me onto a psychologist , which gives you an understanding of what is happening and tools to cope and manage it, i really wish i had gone to the doctor sooner, instead of letting mine get out of control the way i did (i ignored it for 12 months).
    Do you have any supportive family members that you could talk to as well??

If you need to chat anytime, i am here.

Best of luck xx
    My Daily Diaries of coping with GAD and PD: helpmetogetridofanxiety.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Schatmeisje View Post
    i replied but i dont know where it went LOL !
    I was saying that you are definitely not the only one feeling like this, and the symptoms, especially heart racing in crowds etc seems like anxiety. i would really take the plunge and go to your doctor though, and dont be embarrassed or anything, they see millions of people with anxiety problems (if it makes you feel any better, i cant even wait in the waiting room, they have to come and get me from the car when it is my turn !).
    I have had hundreds of panic attacks in the shower (it is one of my main problems and i am just egtting good with it now) I can say, i wish i had visited a doctor sooner, only because they reffered me onto a psychologist , which gives you an understanding of what is happening and tools to cope and manage it, i really wish i had gone to the doctor sooner, instead of letting mine get out of control the way i did (i ignored it for 12 months).
    Do you have any supportive family members that you could talk to as well??

If you need to chat anytime, i am here.

Best of luck xx
    Thank you so much for replying. I've told
    My friend about how I feel now and then but I don't think he fully understands what's actually going on with me he just agrees! And I can't really tell my parents, I wouldn't know how to? They would be so confused and would start asking questions about if I'd taking drugs and stuff..I think I'm going to wait and see what happens, perhaps the Best idea would be to go to the doctor :/ also I'm worried I'm going to lose my mind when I'm feeling really bad, is this a problem people have who also suffer with anxiety? Once again thank you!

Sounds like anxiety to me. The dr. is the last person to be fearful of and the first to talk to about this. No, anxiety is NOT psychosis(lose of touch will reality). Anxiety is distress only. Fear and the bodies "fear response"(flight of fight response) that is going off. Pot can help manifest anxiety, sure. Don't read into that much. Your anxiety was just under the surface and I've had that happen to me with pot years ago as well.
    Let me assure you of one thing, you dr. is the first person to talk to about all you're feeling. He won't tell your folks if you ask him not to. Your 17 so local laws will determine whether they can ask him and if he'll answer. Also you parents will likely understand if you are honest and open with them. That doesn't matter any way. You need help with this. My advise would be go right to your dr., tell him ALL your feeling, ask him about confidentiality, be honest(he knows lots of kids try pot, I bet he did as a kid) and get started. That's often the hardest part. It was for me but know in your mind you need to go in and tell/talk about your anxiety. Don't suffer any longer. No, you aren't losing your mind just living with fear, worry, physical symptoms and are very uncomfortable to say the least. See you dr., tell him all. Message me any time.
    Last edited by alankay; 12-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.